Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Live Mail 2011, line spacing problem


28 Jun 2012   #1

Windows 7 x86
 
 
Live Mail 2011, line spacing problem

Hi,

After I updated to Windows Live Mail 2011, a strange problem occurred. When I send an e-mail, program simply deletes all the spaces I made between the lines by pressing "enter" and the recipient receives my e-mail as one single paragraph. If I make spaces between the lines by pressing "shift+enter" it doesn't do that and everything works normal.

Has anybody got any idea how to resolve this problem? I want to give/make spaces between the lines simply by pressing enter as it should be.

Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)

Thank you very much.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jun 2012   #2

windows 7 64bit
 
 

Hi sencerb,
I am Sampad from Dell Social Media and Communities team. Regarding the issue you have mentioned, the Windows Live Mail you are talking about is version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308). That is the latest version of windows live available.

There are a few steps that you can try,
You can check if the rich text formatting option has been enabled on or not
Create a new message via the Create Mail toolbar button or press Ctrl-N.
Select Format from the menu and click on Rich text (HTML) or Rich Text (HTML).
In Windows Live Mail, you may have to press the Alt key to see the menu bar.


Let me know if it worked or not.
 
Regards
Dell-Sampad C
Dell Social Media and Communities Professional
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2012   #3

Windows 7 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DELLsampadc View Post
Hi sencerb,
I am Sampad from Dell Social Media and Communities team. Regarding the issue you have mentioned, the Windows Live Mail you are talking about is version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308). That is the latest version of windows live available.

There are a few steps that you can try,
You can check if the rich text formatting option has been enabled on or not
Create a new message via the Create Mail toolbar button or press Ctrl-N.
Select Format from the menu and click on Rich text (HTML) or Rich Text (HTML).
In Windows Live Mail, you may have to press the Alt key to see the menu bar.


Let me know if it worked or not.
 
Regards
Dell-Sampad C
Dell Social Media and Communities Professional
 
Dear Sampad,

I had tried that before (both with "Plain" text and "Rich HTML" text option) and after your post I gave it a shot once again but unfortunately they didn't solve the issue. I've also tried with different encoding options as well.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


29 Jun 2012   #4

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 

Have you tried changing the font ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2012   #5

windows 7 64bit
 
 

Hi sencerb

Inthat case there are 3 different steps that you can try to check if it fixes the problem
Step 1) Reset all internet explorer settings
Step 2) Create a 2nd user account for windows 7 and try using windows live mail on the new account and check if it works there or not.
Step 3) You can try and boot you computer in safe mode with networking and use windows live mail in safe mode and check if the line spacing problem is occuring or not.

Step 4) If all fails you can try and do a system restore to one day prior to the windows update date for windows live mail.

Let me know if it worked or not.

Regards
Dell-Sampad C
Dell Social Media and Communities Responder
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2012   #6

Windows 7 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
Have you tried changing the font ?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DELLsampadc View Post
Hi sencerb

Inthat case there are 3 different steps that you can try to check if it fixes the problem
Step 1) Reset all internet explorer settings
Step 2) Create a 2nd user account for windows 7 and try using windows live mail on the new account and check if it works there or not.
Step 3) You can try and boot you computer in safe mode with networking and use windows live mail in safe mode and check if the line spacing problem is occuring or not.

Step 4) If all fails you can try and do a system restore to one day prior to the windows update date for windows live mail.

Let me know if it worked or not.

Regards
Dell-Sampad C
Dell Social Media and Communities Responder
I have tried all of them except Step 4 and unfortunately none of them has worked.

I am not enthusiastic to try Step 4 at the moment because;
a- I'm worried that it might mess things up further and I don't want to live another bad surprise
b- If degrading solves the problem, what is the use of updating things at the first place

Microsoft! y u no solve problems you create!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2012   #7

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 

Hi sencerb, this is a sample of my email font etc.
-
Please do not reply to this email

Dear Roderunner,

sencerb has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled – Live Mail 2011, line spacing problem

To read the original version and respond to this thread please go to the following link: Live Mail 2011, line spacing problem - Windows 7 Forums

Here is the message that has just been posted:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote (Originally by Roderunner)

Have you tried changing the font ?

End Quote

Quote (Originally by DELLsampadc)

Hi sencerb

Inthat case there are 3 different steps that you can try to check if it fixes the problem Step 1) Reset all internet explorer settings Step 2) Create a 2nd user account for windows 7 and try using windows live mail on the new account and check if it works there or not. Step 3) You can try and boot you computer in safe mode with networking and use windows live mail in safe mode and check if the line spacing problem is occuring or not.

Step 4) If all fails you can try and do a system restore to one day prior to the windows update date for windows live mail.

Let me know if it worked or not.

Regards Dell-Sampad C Dell Social Media and Communities Responder End Quote I have tried all of them except Step 4 and unfortunately none of them has worked.

I am not enthusiastic to try Step 4 at the moment because; a- I'm worried that it might mess things up further and I don't want to live another bad surprise b- If degrading solves the problem, what is the use of updating things at the first place

Microsoft! y u no solve problems you create! .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

Again, this is just a notification please do not reply to this email. You must go to the link above to reply to the message.

All the best,

Seven Forums Team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page: http://www.sevenforums.com/subscript...3fad8e4e7909c4

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page: http://www.sevenforums.com/subscript...n&folderid=all
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2012   #8

Windows 7 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
Hi sencerb, this is a sample of my email font etc.
-
I could not figure out what I am suppose to do by this post but I have changed the font which I am using to compose a new mail (Ex: Calibri to Arial) but that did not do any good as I assumed and don't think it is related. Thank you for your tip anyway
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Jul 2012   #9

windows 7 64bit
 
 

Hi sencerb

May i know the make of your computer?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2012   #10

Windows 7 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DELLsampadc View Post
Hi sencerb

May i know the make of your computer?
Both home and work;
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit (SP1 & Up to date)
Office 2010
Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB of RAM
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Live Mail 2011, line spacing problem




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Live Mail 2011, line spacing problem
Thread Forum
Windows 7 & Live Mail 2011 problem-defaults to word Browsers & Mail
Solved Change Line Spacing in Windows Live Mail Browsers & Mail
My printer can not print e-mail from Inbox Windows7 Live e-mail 2011 Hardware & Devices
Problem with Windows Live Mail 2011 Browsers & Mail
windows live mail 2011 problem Browsers & Mail
Problem with windows live mail 2011 Browsers & Mail
Problem with Windows Live Mail 2011 Browsers & Mail

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33