Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Best browser for Windows 7?

06 Jul 2012   #11

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
 
 

IE9. fast, everything on my windows machine links to it anyway, more space saved by not having to install anything else, updates ride along the rest of the updates in windows update, it looks good, doesn't take up a lot of space...

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jul 2012   #12

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

How is Google Chrome crashing? And in what ways? Like what were you doing? Maybe you were doing too many actions at once on the browser? Or on the computer itself with too many complex programs? Because if so, I suggest you limit yourself to 3-4 Applications and 4-5 Tabs. And Use CCleaner and Microsoft Security Essentials regularly. Also remove old junk in your system that you don't need. Uninstall and Upgrade programs, and delete your temporary files. After I did all these things, google chrome and my computer itself has run a lot faster.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2012   #13

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

I think you need to figure out why your browser is crashing first, it's not due to the brand of browser and using a different one you'll be dealing with why that one is crashing. +1 to thepivotstudent, before doing anything see if you can fix the crashing.

The best browser for any OS is the one that works for you. There is no overall best browser for everybody.

Steve
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Jul 2012   #14
AC

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

I use IE10/9, Rockmelt, Waterfox, and Nightly. IMO, IE10 is the best browser that Microsoft has released. If add ons matter for you, go with Waterfox/Nightly. If for speed, Rockmelt. If for beauty, IE10/9.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2012   #15
IT1

Windows Seven, Home Premium, x64
 
 

Like mentioned in one of the above posts, you will find many different opinions.
Ultimately, it is your choice. Personally, I use Firefox. It's open-source, comes with many tweaks and great extensions. The Firefox registry is what really stands out to me. So Firefox is good for people from basic to advanced computer knowledge. I also use a back-up browser in case Firefox doesn't work with something. So that usually is Google Chrome or Comodo Dragon.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2012   #16

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thepivotstudent View Post
How is Google Chrome crashing? And in what ways? Like what were you doing? Maybe you were doing too many actions at once on the browser? Or on the computer itself with too many complex programs? Because if so, I suggest you limit yourself to 3-4 Applications and 4-5 Tabs. And Use CCleaner and Microsoft Security Essentials regularly. Also remove old junk in your system that you don't need. Uninstall and Upgrade programs, and delete your temporary files. After I did all these things, google chrome and my computer itself has run a lot faster.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by IT1 View Post
Like mentioned in one of the above posts, you will find many different opinions.
Ultimately, it is your choice. Personally, I use Firefox. It's open-source, comes with many tweaks and great extensions. The Firefox registry is what really stands out to me. So Firefox is good for people from basic to advanced computer knowledge. I also use a back-up browser in case Firefox doesn't work with something. So that usually is Google Chrome or Comodo Dragon.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 714 View Post
I use IE10/9, Rockmelt, Waterfox, and Nightly. IMO, IE10 is the best browser that Microsoft has released. If add ons matter for you, go with Waterfox/Nightly. If for speed, Rockmelt. If for beauty, IE10/9.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by cmmtch View Post
I think you need to figure out why your browser is crashing first, it's not due to the brand of browser and using a different one you'll be dealing with why that one is crashing. +1 to thepivotstudent, before doing anything see if you can fix the crashing.

The best browser for any OS is the one that works for you. There is no overall best browser for everybody.

Steve
Lol I should just have created a poll.
Google Chrome crashes on me rarely, but it happens to every one occasionally. I'll stick with Google Chrome. It loads the sites faster, but downoad speed is slower. Firefox freezes for about 5 seconds... then it loads. But the download speed it faster (about 3,400MB transfer rate and 4,300 with Internet download manager).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jul 2012   #17

windows XP2 32 bit
 
 

I prefer Google chrome and IE9 for web browsing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2012   #18

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

RockMelt is just a rip off of Google Chrome. It's exactly the same as Chrome but just a little more customized.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2012   #19
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

There is no 'Best'. I use IE, Chrome and Opera and like IE best. FF is a dog in my book.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Jul 2012   #20

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I am an avid user of Firefox back since it was still called Firebird (below Version 0.8 if I'm not mistaken), but I will say that only if you tweak it heavily it provides the (IMO) best user experience.
Out of the box I really like Chrome although I wonder what kind of data Google checks when I use that.
But since I love tweaking stuff, I really enjoy Firefox, and now that I have seen this Waterfox I am totally going to try it out
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Best browser for Windows 7?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33