Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Best browser for Windows 7?

28 Jul 2012   #31

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Google Chrome is the most popular browser for all most any operating system. However, Firefox also is fast.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Jul 2012   #32

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ravindu View Post
Google Chrome is the most popular browser for all most any operating system. However, Firefox also is fast.
Firefox is great for flash/browser games. But every site it loads just freezes for a few seconds then finally loads.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2012   #33

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amazing Aura View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ravindu View Post
Google Chrome is the most popular browser for all most any operating system. However, Firefox also is fast.
Firefox is great for flash/browser games. But every site it loads just freezes for a few seconds then finally loads.
Then you must have set it up wrong. I have never encountered that error in Firefox (not even Beta or Nightly Builds)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Aug 2012   #34

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Nah, there is no setting up firefox in a wrong manner, unless you messed with its internal settings. Firefox may require a lot of RAM usage, and it may be that your computer system just is a little slower than others.

There is a handy little WebBrowser integrated into the OS called IE9. Clutter-free and fast as well. For XP, I used firefox (because Chrome is butt-ugly). It did the job better than IE8. For Windows7, I use IE9. It does the job better than both firefox and IE8

But hey, the main reason I like it so much is because it is a part of the OS and is already streamlined. Everyone has different taste, so whichever you prefer is going to be the one you use.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2012   #35

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

"Best" is a very broad statement. Are you looking for the best functionality, most features, speed, easy UI, etc... Aside from Google Chrome, which is hit or miss depending on the machine, Firefox is the best browser. It's just as fast as Google Chrome (when Chrome doesn't crash) but it's more stable than Chrome. The UI Is fairly minimal, not the prettiest, but it's easy to get used to, and feels kinda like Chrome on a good day. Next up would be Opera, while not as pretty/ easy to use, it's still very fast. And I'd place Safari over IE9 when it comes to security, but that's about it. As slow as IE is, Safari on a PC is a nightmare (at least in my experience).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2012   #36

Windows 7 64 bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amazing Aura View Post
What'sss the best browser for Windows 7? And if it's Firefox, which version? I use Chrome but it crashes WAY too much.

Without a doubt, Firefox. Try watching the Olympics streaming in 1080p on IE, Chrome and Firefox. Firefox wins hands down, it is flawless where the other browsers jump around and lag terribly - they can't keep up and pause buffering. It is better than the others in many (almost all) other ways.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2012   #37

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit SP1
 
 

Chrome and firefox seem to do a good job for me but chrome feels faster at loading pages and videos then firefox,well at least on my machine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Aug 2012   #38

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Chrome and firefox seem to do a good job for me but chrome feels faster at loading pages and videos then firefox,well at least on my machine.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dejavecue View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amazing Aura View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ravindu View Post
Google Chrome is the most popular browser for all most any operating system. However, Firefox also is fast.
Firefox is great for flash/browser games. But every site it loads just freezes for a few seconds then finally loads.
Then you must have set it up wrong. I have never encountered that error in Firefox (not even Beta or Nightly Builds)
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GeneO View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amazing Aura View Post
What'sss the best browser for Windows 7? And if it's Firefox, which version? I use Chrome but it crashes WAY too much.

Without a doubt, Firefox. Try watching the Olympics streaming in 1080p on IE, Chrome and Firefox. Firefox wins hands down, it is flawless where the other browsers jump around and lag terribly - they can't keep up and pause buffering. It is better than the others in many (almost all) other ways.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pessimistic View Post
"Best" is a very broad statement. Are you looking for the best functionality, most features, speed, easy UI, etc... Aside from Google Chrome, which is hit or miss depending on the machine, Firefox is the best browser. It's just as fast as Google Chrome (when Chrome doesn't crash) but it's more stable than Chrome. The UI Is fairly minimal, not the prettiest, but it's easy to get used to, and feels kinda like Chrome on a good day. Next up would be Opera, while not as pretty/ easy to use, it's still very fast. And I'd place Safari over IE9 when it comes to security, but that's about it. As slow as IE is, Safari on a PC is a nightmare (at least in my experience).
Which version of Firefox are you guys using? Some people say Firefox 4 is good.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Aug 2012   #39

Windows 7 64 bit SP1
 
 

I am using 14, 4 is ancient.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Best browser for Windows 7?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33