I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones, when I upgraded from IE8 to IE9 and I opened IE9 the first time, it filled my window.
Then the very next thing I did was to maximize it with the button in the upper right corner. Ever since then its opened that way and my RUN property settings on both IE9, and IE9 x64 are set to Normal. (Knock on wood)
I have gone over my Windows updates and except for cumulative security for IE I haven't found any hotfixes.
I have looked all over the internet and the consensus is that it has to be done manually, there are no updates or hotfixes to change this quirk in appearance.
Here is the best I have found and they are all variations of the same theme, and should work to force IE to memorize the size setting on all IE's from 6 to 10. Using the re-sizer arrows.
Windows open small in IE IE9 and Win7 32bit Sheffield Forum - View Single Post - Opening IE 9 windows.. Mr. Ed's Computer Help Forum FAQ's & Answers
- Open IE
- Forget about the Maximizer button in the upper right corner!
- Open a link on the page/tab and re-size it.
- Open a second page/tab from a link on that one, re-size it
- Close the first one with the red X.
- Close the second with the red X
- Close IE with the red X.
- Some suggest holding down the Ctrl button while using the red X.
- Open IE and it should open maximized.
- Some users report that this still doesn't work.
There was one member here that claimed that if you add -run maximized
to the target in IE properties it would always work.
I saw the thread the other day, but don't know where it is right now.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe -run maximized"
There is a registry modification that can be made to force IE to open Full Screen, but your not looking for that.
Be forewarned, there is a different procedure opening links (urls) and shortcuts.