Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: mouse not responding on certain areas of Internet

18 Nov 2012   #1

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 
mouse not responding on certain areas of Internet

mouse not responding in certain areas of screen on Internet. I am on a HP laptop and either on MSN or Firefox my mouse will not respond to a area (across the whole screen) from about 1 inch down to about 2 inches down. I don't believe it is my computer as I go to Auto Sketch and it works fine anywhere on the screen.
DarrylGF

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Nov 2012   #2

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Hiyya Daryl and welcome do you mean just at the top of the screen? or a certain strip of the screen and the sides ok?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #3

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 
portion that mouse won't work

I sort of followed the attachment file and if I click on the paper clip I see it is attached.
It is the upper portion of the web page all across the page. I am guessing the dimensions, about from 1" down to about 2 or 2 1/2" down.

Some how the other day (there was a rectangular box with a cross hair in it). I Think maybe it may have something to do with Google Chrome (which I don't like). Anyways I clicked on it and there was data there. Well dummy me clicked on one of the lines, Chrome went away as did the box and that is when my trouble started (I think).


Attached Thumbnails
mouse not responding on certain areas of Internet-portion-mouse-wont-work.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


20 Nov 2012   #4

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Well if you don't like Chrome Darryl just get rid of it in Programs and Features.

Then set your preferred search ie Google in the Internet options (Tools in the toolbar) > Internet options > General tab > type in the web address (just www.***.***.** will do) > go to the bottom Settings tab > set as your first home page > OK > Apply > close that window and the address you typed in will show on each and every tab you open.

Try this for starters.


Attached Images
  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #5

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

I think the OP should at least run a MalwareBytes scan to make sure the system is free of at least the obvious malware. Quick Scan only takes about 5 or 6 minutes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #6

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
I think the OP should at least run a MalwareBytes scan to make sure the system is free of at least the obvious malware. Quick Scan only takes about 5 or 6 minutes.
Hum thats a good idea Miles and maybe a SuperAntiSpyware as well - I find that pretty good at picking up trackers. Now perhaps I have a fast system or something cos MBAM scan on mine takes a few seconds maybe a minute or just over. Just surprised at your times. Mind you I do set the Scanner settings to not scan or my Kaspersky starts spitting the dummy

SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!


Attached Thumbnails
mouse not responding on certain areas of Internet-mbam.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #7

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

The OP's first post states he/she uses Auto Sketch. Could that be the problem.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #8

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
I think the OP should at least run a MalwareBytes scan to make sure the system is free of at least the obvious malware. Quick Scan only takes about 5 or 6 minutes.
Hum thats a good idea Miles and maybe a SuperAntiSpyware as well - I find that pretty good at picking up trackers. Now perhaps I have a fast system or something cos MBAM scan on mine takes a few seconds maybe a minute or just over. Just surprised at your times. Mind you I do set the Scanner settings to not scan or my Kaspersky starts spitting the dummy

SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
Naturally file system scan takes a lot longer than in memory only. So I guess you answered your own question.

Another freebie that's good for in memory scan is ClamWin. I like the home made look to the Gui.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Nov 2012   #9

Desk1 8 Pro / Desk2 7 Home Prem / Laptop 8 Pro all 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ICit2lol View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post
I think the OP should at least run a MalwareBytes scan to make sure the system is free of at least the obvious malware. Quick Scan only takes about 5 or 6 minutes.
Hum thats a good idea Miles and maybe a SuperAntiSpyware as well - I find that pretty good at picking up trackers. Now perhaps I have a fast system or something cos MBAM scan on mine takes a few seconds maybe a minute or just over. Just surprised at your times. Mind you I do set the Scanner settings to not scan or my Kaspersky starts spitting the dummy

SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!
Naturally file system scan takes a lot longer than in memory only. So I guess you answered your own question.

Another freebie that's good for in memory scan is ClamWin. I like the home made look to the Gui.
Ok I'll try the can in fie system too it is my new build - the Sandy does take a tad longer

Sorry OP for intrusion.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Nov 2012   #10

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
 
 
portion that mouse won't work

Auto Sketch is ran or run in virtual PC as my older version of Auto sketch will not run on Windows 7 or pro for that matter. The computer has to have Virtual Technology to be able to run Auto Sketch so I got a i core 3 laptop. I have had it installed for 2-3 years now and never been a problem before.
As for getting rid of Google Chrome and running just Google, Google is going to stop just standard Google and force anyone to go to Google Chrome or not at all. I will probably switch to Yahoo.
This mouse problem also exists on MSN also. I will try loading Malware Bites and see if that helps.
The problem all seemed to start after I clicked on that darn Icon that was on Google Chrome. Hard to explain what the Icon looked like. It was a blueish gray rectangular box with rounded corners, a cross hair (similar to a rifle scope cross hair) thru the whole thing and a whitish circle in the middle. When I clicked on it a window opened and I clicked on something, thinking it would go away. Sure enough it went away and never came back but then my mouse problem started.
My wife has her laptop running and has no problems and running Vista.
I have a desktop in my shop and there is no problem with it. But it is running XP Pro.
I am on Cox Internet and they furnish McAfee security and it has found a couple of bugs.
I was amazed when on the shop desktop, I was going to load a First person game called Siberia ll and McAfee blocked a virus and didn't allow the game install to continue. Then another incident, I down loaded 7 Zip and somehow a virus attached to it and McAfee found a blocked it.
Sorry, I get carried away and start jabbering so much.
Darryl GF
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 mouse not responding on certain areas of Internet





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: mouse not responding on certain areas of Internet
Thread Forum
Mouse randomly stops working/responding. Hardware & Devices
Not responding on mouse click General Discussion
Mouse not responding accordingly to usage Hardware & Devices
Keyboard/Mouse Stops Responding Hardware & Devices
Mouse (not responding) Drivers
Inbuilt mouse not responding. Hardware & Devices
Mouse clicks does not work in some areas on VPC Virtualization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33