It does sound server related, since it's intermittent.
There are two ways eMail could end up in the folders you created.
manually moving them - right mouse button click the msg and select move
- you could also use the move icon on the home tab ribbon
-- to select more than one msg to move, click on one, then hold Ctrl and click on any others you want to move
Automatically filter incoming msgs to specific folders
in the folders ribbon, create a new msg rule
my rules trigger off the sender and are put in folders under Storage folders (Family, Friends, Work, News...)
You can add as many senders to the rule, but only one destination folder - so all msgs from Tom, Chuck, Bob go inot my friends folder
all msgs from TheBoss, TheWorker, TheAssistent go into my Work folder.
I also try to match the name of the rule to the type of sender - if I make new friends, I add them to my Friends rule.
Where did you create the Client_Inbox folder? Under Storage Folders? Inside WEmail or WinExplorer?
As long as you're working in WEmail, you can drag and drop msgs to any folder - it's a little tricky to land the mouse on the folder name in the left panel though. I've missed the mark a few times and had to go to the folder the msg was moved to and move it to the folder I meant to move it to. (right click/move and yoou can't make a mistake)
Copy & Paste msgs doesn't work either insdie or outside WEmail.
Don't worry about being savvy. Savvy?
When you told me that you created the new folders in both places, I assumed that meant you moved the msgs too.
Please confirm if you moved the msgs or if you were unable to move them. If you didn't move the msgs, that's ok - it answers the riddle and I'm relieved that there isn't somethng else mysterious going on.
Please also confirm that your msgs are still accessible in the original locations (inbox / outbox - probably not much in the outbox).
These are the two working folders that both the client and server use to exchange msgs. If there is something the client doesn't know what to do about, it keeps trying and failing.
The other thing about clietns is they keep track of everything in an index or database of sorts. Sometimes, that gets confused. The easiest way to clear the index is to move all msgs out of the inbox or outbox to storage / non-active folders. And since you can't be sure where the problem starts, you clear out the server side as well by moving msgs to folders on the web based client
Hope that helps explain things a little.
Repair sometime does clear things up, but normally only if it's related directly to the client. It can't fix something on the server side, or a bad / stuck msg - it might help in the short term.
Every service provider has a login lockout policy that would affect logging into the web based eMail. I don't recall any of my ISPs having the same lockout policy for pop mail. That's a good question though.
Many have a one location login policy and with the number of devices that can access eMail, it's a good policy. You don't happen to login on your phone and your machine, and your work machine by any chance? Or share the account with someone, a spouse or children?
Anyway, I'll try to stay focused on what I know fixes issues like these. And I'll try to make sure I ask follow up questions. If yu can be the eyes on your side and tell me more of wht you see, try, or couldn't do this won't take long.
Other than moving msgs out of the way, doing a repair, or a complete reinstall - there isn't much either of us can do. It will be time to get BellSouth to fix it with you.
I'll be here step-by-step, I just have to know what steps you've taken, and which ones were not taken. Don't worry about asking q question, I'll try not to be so long winded
Let me know if you moved everything to storage folders (new folders within the application) on both sides (client and web based mail).