Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Firefox 3.7 to bring Windows 7 jumplist support


06 Oct 2009   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 
Firefox 3.7 to bring Windows 7 jumplist support

Quote:
With Windows 7's debut right around the corner, program developers are working to fine tune their software for Microsoft's latest operating system. In addition to the other interface tweaks and new features, Windows 7's revamped taskbar is probably the first thing that will catch your eye.
more..

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Oct 2009   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
Quote:
With Windows 7's debut right around the corner, program developers are working to fine tune their software for Microsoft's latest operating system. In addition to the other interface tweaks and new features, Windows 7's revamped taskbar is probably the first thing that will catch your eye.
more..

Nice Aaron, although I must have misread it, as I installed the version it linked to in the article and it did not offer any jumplist support or the other things it mentioned.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Oct 2009   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Well it does say incomplete, but I haven't tried, nor am I going to. Just posting the info and going to wait till 3.7 comes out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Oct 2009   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
Well it does say incomplete, but I haven't tried, nor am I going to. Just posting the info and going to wait till 3.7 comes out.
Good point. For some reason I cannot access skydrive while using anything after 3.5.3 (3.5.4pre-beta > 3.7).

Back to 3.5.3
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2009   #5

 

the jumplist is only there when you have the app open.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Well it has tab-preview support (like IE8 has on Windows 7) now in this build

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...20Beta%201.exe

Oh and Note: This is a Candidate build for Firefox 3.6 Beta. This is NOT an official release and you should use it at your own discretion.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #7

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Man, I just tried to install that 3.6b1 build that you linked to, Nova, and it brought my system to a screeching halt. There is something wrong with that build. Once I installed it, I couldn't launch any browser, including IE and Chrome.

Should have paid attention to your note, I guess, although this is the only build from Mozilla that has had that adverse an effect for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
Man, I just tried to install that 3.6b1 build that you linked to, Nova, and it brought my system to a screeching halt. There is something wrong with that build. Once I installed it, I couldn't launch any browser, including IE and Chrome.

Should have paid attention to your note, I guess, although this is the only build from Mozilla that has had that adverse an effect for me.
Yeah it was causing issues for me and private messaging here. (long story)

I had to fix it by changing from WYSIWYG to Standard Editor in UserCP (under Edit Options, at the bottom).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #9

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Strange.. I installed 3.6 beta and Im loving it... SF pages now load almost instantly, guess im just lucky...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2009   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Strange.. I installed 3.8 beta and Im loving it... SF pages now load almost instantly, guess im just lucky...
Who what where? Tell me that is a typo

3.8?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Firefox 3.7 to bring Windows 7 jumplist support




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Firefox 3.7 to bring Windows 7 jumplist support
Thread Forum
Solved Firefox 12 Jumplist problem Browsers & Mail
Mozilla Sets End of Firefox Windows XP Support News
Solved Firefox jumplist! Browsers & Mail
AIM 7.1 Beta 1 includes Jumplist support for Windows 7 Software
Firefox 3.5 Jumplist Browsers & Mail
WinFox: Give Firefox jumplist functionality Software
Apps with extend taskbar/jumplist support Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33