|07 Mar 2013||#1|
| || |
Internet Explorer - links to websites on internet do not work
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium SP1 (most recent update level)
1. clicking IE10, IE10 comes up
2. first website started, Google
3. next TAB, Google comes up (configured)
1. When clicking at a desktop icon (refering to a website on the internet), the next fresh screen of IE10 comes up, however the command line refering to the website is not shown and the IE10 screen is empty. The IE10 screen layout is available (normal), but there is no website info.
2. when putting a link to a website on the internet, like www.xxx.yy, in the command line of IE10, no access to a website is provided. No error message are provided. Just an empty IE10 screen as ad.1
3. when clicking a favorite in the favorites workbar of IE10, refering to an external website on the internet, no access to the website is provided. No error message is provided. The presentation of the current info on the screen does not change.
4. the return button (left above ) in the IE10 screen does not function.
5. when in Google via Startup screen of IE10 I can do a search on a word, like abc.
The resuts of abc are shown by Google on the screen.
When a result is clicked: the result refers to an external internet website link.
In the command line of IE10 the website address is shown, however the screen of IE10 keeps empty, like above situations.
6. when clinking in the Start Up menu to external website, the same problem occurs.
7. when I click of Fix It microsoft in Google Search, Fix It comes up, I hit Download or Run, the screen becomes also empty. Nothing happens, also no return code.
8/. the back-Arrow (left upper corner) of internet explorer 10 is not working
9/. when clicking favorites in webbrowser bar of ie10: the links are not working
10/. when clicking entry in the Start menu, refering to external website: does not work
11/. when clicking on short-cut on desktop to external website: does not work
12/. when clicking on short-cut on desktop to local programs: this does work
examples: Office2010, Ccleaner, Google Earth, SnagIt11, Skype, Adobe Acrobat X Pro etc. this works.
When the firewall is off, the same happens.
In Configurations Menu
1. default browser is IE
2. Program association to url, http, https is IE
No problems with integrity
How can this problem be solved.....
|My System Specs|
|07 Mar 2013||#2|
| || |
Farbar Service Scanner Version: 03-03-2013
Ran by Wim (administrator) on 07-03-2013 at 19:40:44
Running from "C:\ZIP\Util\FSS"
Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (X64)
Boot Mode: Normal
Localhost is accessible.
Google IP is accessible.
Google.com is accessible.
Yahoo IP is accessible.
Yahoo.com is accessible.
Firewall Disabled Policy:
System Restore Disabled Policy:
Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy:
WinDefend Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand. The default start type is Auto.
The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK.
The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK.
Windows Defender Disabled Policy:
C:\Windows\System32\nsisvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nsiproxy.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\dhcpcore.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\afd.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tdx.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\tcpip.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\dnsrslvr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\mpssvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\bfe.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mpsdrv.sys => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\SDRSVC.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\vssvc.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\wscsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\wbem\WMIsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\wuaueng.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\qmgr.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\es.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\cryptsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpSvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\ipnathlp.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\iphlpsvc.dll => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe => MD5 is legit
C:\Windows\System32\rpcss.dll => MD5 is legit
**** End of log ****
|My System Specs|
|11 Mar 2013||#4|
| || |
Solution: Windows 7 SP1 - Install Inplace update: with less windows updates preinstalled.
(This procedure takes a lot of time, so you have to be patient).
Windows Update has some issues, Fix it could not solve the issues.
Also the hotfix of febr 2013 did not solve these issues.
I manually downloaded the Windows Updates that could not be installed by WIndows Update.
The updates installed manually, solved the Windows Update problems.
After many manual updates, a reboot was needed. (takes additional time ....)
Windows Update worked after the manual updates OK.
Windows 7 x64 operates OK now.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Internet Explorer - links to websites on internet do not work|
|Internet Explorer 9 - Pin and Unpin Websites to Taskbar or Start Menu||Tutorials|
|Internet Explorer - Allow or Prevent Websites to Request Your Location||Tutorials|
|Internet Explorer - Compatibility View Websites - Import and Export||Tutorials|
|Internet Explorer Compatilbility View - All Websites||Tutorials|
|E-mails-Internet Explorer links||Browsers & Mail|
|Websites Autocompleting outside of Internet Explorer||Browsers & Mail|
|Websites AutoComplete outside of Internet Explorer||Media Center|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.