|13 Mar 2013||#2|
It appears to be an issue with the 'DNS'. Please perform the following steps:
- Click 'Start' and type 'ncpa.cpl' (without quotation) in the 'Search text box' > Tap 'Enter' to view the 'Network Connections'
- (If using a wired connection) Right-click 'Local Area Connection', and click 'Properties' > Select the 'Networking tab' > Double click 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)' (Refer to the image below) > Please capture and share status of the 'DNS Server Address'.
- If using a 'Wireless Connection', perform the above mentioned steps with the 'Wireless Connection' listed in the 'Network Connections'.
If it is set to 'Automatic', try to flush/register the 'DNS Settings':
- Open an 'Elevated Command Prompt' Elevated Command Prompt
- Type 'ipconfig /flushdns' (Without quotation) > 'Enter'
- Type 'ipconfig /registerdns' (Without quotation) > 'Enter'
Note: Confirm the changes, if prompted.
- Restart the unit and check results.
If the issue persists, you may also try the 'Google DNS' to see if that helps:
- If there are any IP addresses listed in the 'Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server' , write them down for future reference > Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers: 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 > Save settings and recheck results
If the 'DNS values' are fixed, please share the details of your 'Internet Service Provider'.
Hope this helps. Do reply with the findings.
|My System Specs|
|14 Mar 2013||#4|
Thank you for the reply.
It appears that the corrupt 'DNS cache' was causing issues with 'internet connectivity'. Flushing 'DNS cache' cleared the current settings and allowed a fresh start. Glad that the issue is fixed.
Do reply if you have any further questions; glad to assist.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: google is not opening|
|BSOD while using/opening Google Chrome||BSOD Help and Support|
|Only Skype and Google search are opening. No other website.||Network & Sharing|
|Google Chrome default opening position and size||Browsers & Mail|
|Google Apps - Google Hosted Email for my small business||Browsers & Mail|
|Google censors gun/ammo/accessories on Google shopping - thoughts?||Chillout Room|
|Google announces Google Code Labs||News|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.