Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Browser start time.

17 Mar 2013   #1

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 
Browser start time.

Hi Folks,

My browser, FF 19.0.2 is getting slower in starting on both my computers. I have tried waiting at least 5 minutes after powering on my pc's before doing anything. Event Viewer shows nothing out of the ordinary. Is their any way to see just how long it takes other than a stopwatch.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Mar 2013   #2

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

click the help tab in firefox and click restart with add ons disabled see if it start quicker, if so its an addon that is causing the problem,
then you can disable all the add ons and re enable them one at a time to eliminate which one it is.
restart firefox each time you re enable one.
also before trying the add ons you could open the add ons tab and see if there are any updates available for them first
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2013   #3

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 

Hi boohbah,

the first part of your suggestion didn't help, it gave me:-

Name:  RR1.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  16.8 KB

then:-

Name:  RR.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  28.9 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Mar 2013   #4

Win7 Pro SP1 64
 
 

What are you using as your Home page. I use about:home which takes you to the default Firefox start page. I am using Fx 22 and it opens in less than a second.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2013   #5

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

ok the first image you posted was fine, did you restart with the add ons disabled?

and the second image would be the way to go when you want the addons disabled so you can re enable them one by one to eliminate the add on that is giving you grief, if it is an add on doing it,

did you see if there were updates available for them ,then restart to see if it opened any quicker?

dont click reset unless you want a fresh firefox with no add ons.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2013   #6

Win7 Pro SP1 64
 
 

A tad Off Topic but I use Mozback to backup Firefox every night. I have been using it for years and it works. You can download it here:

MozBackup - Backup tool for Firefox and Thunderbird
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2013   #7

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

i used it a while ago and it screwed my profile, i prefer to copy my profile folder to different location as a back up, every so often i copy it again.

it has been made easier to do in firefox as the profile folder has been made more accessible

click the help button, select troubleshooting information, in the new page that opens there is a button to click for profile folder. i then just copy the folder
very easy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2013   #8

Win7 Pro SP1 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
i used it a while ago and it screwed my profile, i prefer to copy my profile folder to different location as a back up, every so often i copy it again.

it has been made easier to do in firefox as the profile folder has been made more accessible

click the help button, select troubleshooting information, in the new page that opens there is a button to click for profile folder. i then just copy the folder
very easy.
Well it has been updated , I am using The Beta 1.5.2 Beta 1 and I have never had a problem with it messing up anything. I do a great deal of CSS in Firefox and this program has saved me many times.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Mar 2013   #9

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

each to their own, i like the knowledge that i just need to paste the copy into the profile folder and im safe.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Mar 2013   #10

Win7 H.Prem. 32bit+SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gary View Post
What are you using as your Home page. I use about:home which takes you to the default Firefox start page. I am using Fx 22 and it opens in less than a second.
Hi Gary, this is my home page https://www.google.co.uk


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
ok the first image you posted was fine, did you restart with the add ons disabled?

and the second image would be the way to go when you want the addons disabled so you can re enable them one by one to eliminate the add on that is giving you grief, if it is an add on doing it,

did you see if there were updates available for them ,then restart to see if it opened any quicker?
All of FF & addons are up to date.
I tried selecting 'Enter Private Browsing. from the start menu, it did not seem any faster in opening.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Browser start time.




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33