Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Illegal Instruction ?


21 Mar 2013   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 
Illegal Instruction ?

Name:  Capture.PNG.Illeagle.Inst.PNG
Views: 8
Size:  28.8 KB
Hi ,Can anyone tell me what this attachment means & how can I put an end to it? It's always popping up every time I start any browser.




My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Mar 2013   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

You say this happens on every browser you try? What would they be?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Mar 2013   #3

 

Some corrupted (un)installer located inside the Installer folder seems to be causing the problem.

Go to C:\Windows\Installer\{DEF35...}\ and first make a backup of "_60ADE~1.EXE" file and then delete it and see if the problem persists. If this screws thing up, put that file back.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


22 Mar 2013   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by indianacarnie View Post
You say this happens on every browser you try? What would they be?

Actually I don't have to open any browser for it to show up. If I wait a few minuets after connecting to the Internet the message pops up
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2013   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Go through the instruction mentioned here - The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction - Microsoft Community

The problem was solved there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2013   #6

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Their is a good chance this will help.

Downloading AdwCleaner
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2013   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nilank View Post
Some corrupted (un)installer located inside the Installer folder seems to be causing the problem.

Go to C:\Windows\Installer\{DEF35...}\ and first make a backup of "_60ADE~1.EXE" file and then delete it and see if the problem persists. If this screws thing up, put that file back.

I'm unable to find the folder you specified in the windows folder
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2013   #8

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Good2GO View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nilank View Post
Some corrupted (un)installer located inside the Installer folder seems to be causing the problem.

Go to C:\Windows\Installer\{DEF35...}\ and first make a backup of "_60ADE~1.EXE" file and then delete it and see if the problem persists. If this screws thing up, put that file back.

I'm unable to find the folder you specified in the windows folder
The "Installer" folder is hidden. Go to folder options, check to show hidden files and uncheck that check box that I have encircled in the following pic in order to show protected system hidden files:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1
Size:  56.4 KB

That will give you access to the said folder.

Thanks.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2013   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nilank View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Good2GO View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nilank View Post
Some corrupted (un)installer located inside the Installer folder seems to be causing the problem.

Go to C:\Windows\Installer\{DEF35...}\ and first make a backup of "_60ADE~1.EXE" file and then delete it and see if the problem persists. If this screws thing up, put that file back.

I'm unable to find the folder you specified in the windows folder
The "Installer" folder is hidden. Go to folder options, check to show hidden files and uncheck that check box that I have encircled in the following pic in order to show protected system hidden files:

Attachment 260519

That will give you access to the said folder.

Thanks.


I found the file backed it up & deleted it like you suggested. I'll get back to you with the results. Looks like it worked!
Thanks,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Mar 2013   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit
 
 

Thanks to everyone that replied.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Illegal Instruction ?




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33