Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Chrome Other Bookmarks And Settings Tabs

05 Apr 2013   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 
Chrome Other Bookmarks And Settings Tabs

Hi Guys

Im using the latest chrome stable version. For some reason which I cant figure the settings and bookmarks tab are using a larger font and have a large space between them. I have re-installed chrome and its fine initially
Chrome Other Bookmarks And Settings Tabs-untitled1.png

Then when I close chrome and re-open they have changed
Chrome Other Bookmarks And Settings Tabs-untitled2.png

This applies to the bookmarks also and the spell checker tab, all have a larger fond and big gap between them.
Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 4
Size:  7.3 KB

Chrome Other Bookmarks And Settings Tabs-dan.jpg

Anyone know what is causing this

Danny



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Apr 2013   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult. x64 Windows 8.1 x64 Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Tri-Boot
 
 

Thats odd, I don't get that. What version exactly are you using?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2013   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Its the latest
Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1
Size:  9.1 KB

I thought it might be related to themes but it does the same after re-install fine initially close and restart and its all off again, its driving me nuts lol.

Have done a system restore and its the same, reset windows to default aero theme see if that made a difference but no go. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Installed the Dev version and its the same issue, it has to be a windows setting I think

Danny


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 Apr 2013   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult. x64 Windows 8.1 x64 Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Tri-Boot
 
 

Danny, please try this:

In the address bar of a google tab, type chrome://flags and hit ENTER on keyboard

In the page that opens scroll down to this entry (about 2/3 the way down the list) and see if DISABLE is shown - if so, click it, then restart Chrome. Any better?


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2013   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Danny, please try this:

In the address bar of a google tab, type chrome://flags and hit ENTER on keyboard

In the page that opens scroll down to this entry (about 2/3 the way down the list) and see if DISABLE is shown - if so, click it, then restart Chrome. Any better?
Its already set as enable

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 77
Size:  2.5 KB

I have just done a system image from 3 days ago when it was working fine (Its actually a clean install then) and bugger me its still doing it lol.
I have removed my profile and sync data and re-installed and the damn thing still does it.

Danny


My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2013   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult. x64 Windows 8.1 x64 Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Tri-Boot
 
 

Mmm. OK, try this:

Create a shorcut for Chrome on desktop. Edit the Target path as follows:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-new-menu-style
Start Chrome from the shortcut. Any better?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2013   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Mmm. OK, try this:

Create a shorcut for Chrome on desktop. Edit the Target path as follows:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-new-menu-style
Start Chrome from the shortcut. Any better?
Thanks Golden but no still the same mate
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2013   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult. x64 Windows 8.1 x64 Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Tri-Boot
 
 



It looks like you aren't alone:

https://productforums.google.com/for...me/iJKMgtebp3g

I just don't know why I don't see the same issue?

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1
Size:  9.6 KB

Perhaps there is a Windows setting soemwhere? Are you using any odd fonts?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2013   #9

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxxdannyxxx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Danny, please try this:

In the address bar of a google tab, type chrome://flags and hit ENTER on keyboard

In the page that opens scroll down to this entry (about 2/3 the way down the list) and see if DISABLE is shown - if so, click it, then restart Chrome. Any better?
Its already set as enable

Attachment 262775

I have just done a system image from 3 days ago when it was working fine (Its actually a clean install then) and bugger me its still doing it lol.
I have removed my profile and sync data and re-installed and the damn thing still does it.

Danny
danny your screen shot shows an enable tab/link.
call me daft but if it was enabled wouldn't the tab/link then say Disable.
may be worth clicking it to see.
you may have already done it but i thought i would mention it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Apr 2013   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post


It looks like you aren't alone:

https://productforums.google.com/for...me/iJKMgtebp3g

I just don't know why I don't see the same issue?

Attachment 262777

Perhaps there is a Windows setting soemwhere? Are you using any odd fonts?
Its a shame if this is an update been a lover of chrome for a long time but this is awful

Just default font and default aero theme at the moment

Thanks mate

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boohbah View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxxdannyxxx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Golden View Post
Danny, please try this:

In the address bar of a google tab, type chrome://flags and hit ENTER on keyboard

In the page that opens scroll down to this entry (about 2/3 the way down the list) and see if DISABLE is shown - if so, click it, then restart Chrome. Any better?
Its already set as enable

Attachment 262775

I have just done a system image from 3 days ago when it was working fine (Its actually a clean install then) and bugger me its still doing it lol.
I have removed my profile and sync data and re-installed and the damn thing still does it.

Danny
danny your screen shot shows an enable tab/link.
call me daft but if it was enabled wouldn't the tab/link then say Disable.
may be worth clicking it to see.
you may have already done it but i thought i would mention it.
Yer its a bit confusing but enable means disabled until clicked I did try it anyway but no go lol

Thanks mate
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Chrome Other Bookmarks And Settings Tabs





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Chrome Other Bookmarks And Settings Tabs
Thread Forum
Solved Chrome Ordinary Bookmarks Browsers & Mail
how to sync bookmarks between Chrome and IE? Browsers & Mail
import of bookmarks from chrome to nightly? Browsers & Mail
Solved Adding Bookmarks to IE9 from Firefox/Chrome Browsers & Mail
Import bookmarks bar from chrome/firefox to IE9 Browsers & Mail
google chrome bookmarks Browsers & Mail
Bookmarks in Google Chrome 3.0 Browsers & Mail

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33