Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: 7 freezes while browsing Internet


27 Jul 2009   #51

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Try getting rid of some of the extra files.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Jul 2009   #52

Windows 7
 
 

There are no extra files to get rid of, the problem was there from the clean install.

Did a scan with S&D, no probs, did a scan with Nod32, no probs. BIG SIGH I don't know what to do.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2009   #53

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
 
 

Try running a diffrent browser I use Netscape navigator and yes I know they discontinued it but I got it of Cnet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Jul 2009   #54

vista x64/ win 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dogz View Post
Try running a diffrent browser I use Netscape navigator and yes I know they discontinued it but I got it of Cnet.
as Arg mentioned, and me too it's not the browser. We both tried different browsers.

Arg, did you also disable the IPhelper service in services.msc?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2009   #55

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by petrossa View Post
as Arg mentioned, and me too it's not the browser. We both tried different browsers.

Arg, did you also disable the IPhelper service in services.msc?
No, does it help?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2009   #56

vista x64/ win 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amarganth View Post
No, does it help?
well, as you also have noticed the freezing isn't exactly predictable. I also put my puter to sleep to only wake it if i do some actual surfing/work.

So it sleeps more then not

Given these caveats i haven't had a freeze since i disabled the Iphelper service (and unticked ip6 over ip4 in properties)

Fingers crossed, i'll now in a couple of days. But (or this is wishful thinking) overal the DNS lookup seems quicker now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2009   #57

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by petrossa View Post
well, as you also have noticed the freezing isn't exactly predictable. I also put my puter to sleep to only wake it if i do some actual surfing/work.

So it sleeps more then not

Given these caveats i haven't had a freeze since i disabled the Iphelper service (and unticked ip6 over ip4 in properties)

Fingers crossed, i'll now in a couple of days. But (or this is wishful thinking) overal the DNS lookup seems quicker now.
Hmmm, could you tell me how to disable the IPhelper?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2009   #58

vista x64/ win 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Amarganth View Post
Hmmm, could you tell me how to disable the IPhelper?
type services.msc in the search bar, you get a list with all running services.
Scroll down till you find: IPHelper, right click and choose disabled from the dropdown menu. click on Stop to stop it.


Attached Thumbnails
7 freezes while browsing Internet-services.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2009   #59

Windows 7
 
 

Well I haven't had a crash since this morning, disabling the iphelper is just an addon... I think Windows solved the problem by itself. When I woke up I had 3 updates ready to be installed, one of them was an update for my WLAN PCI adapter driver, nothing big just 300 kb, however I really hope that solved the problem, if not then I hope disabling the iphelper did. Haven't had a crash so far but still pesimistic since there were periods without freezes already that deceived. All that remains is to wait and hope...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2009   #60

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

A

Im glad you finally have some encouraging signs. let us know

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 7 freezes while browsing Internet




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33