Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: IE8 acting stupid

14 Oct 2009   #11

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by no1ninja View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
It's working fine for me. The score is auto updating and showing me the latest info. I clicked on your link, clicked on another link, clicked on the original box score again, and nothing has gone back to an older version.


I just had it happen to me again. It works at first, but the live update eventually screws up. Go back to it, and let is sit there for a bit. You will see it go back to an old instance.
I've been watching it for a long time, and I haven't seen it go back to an old score/stat/etc. Have you tried adding yahoo to your compatibility mode list? If anything is wrong, I'd wager it is a Yahoo coding problem - choking on IE8. Compatibility mode will allow older websites to display and act correctly in IE8.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #12

win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by no1ninja View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
It's working fine for me. The score is auto updating and showing me the latest info. I clicked on your link, clicked on another link, clicked on the original box score again, and nothing has gone back to an older version.


I just had it happen to me again. It works at first, but the live update eventually screws up. Go back to it, and let is sit there for a bit. You will see it go back to an old instance.
I've been watching it for a long time, and I haven't seen it go back to an old score/stat/etc. Have you tried adding yahoo to your compatibility mode list? If anything is wrong, I'd wager it is a Yahoo coding problem - choking on IE8. Compatibility mode will allow older websites to display and act correctly in IE8.

I thought about that, but firefox is handling it fine.


I am sure cookies and tempfiles will help, but I can't be doing this everytime.



(Please just let it sit there, after a few live updates it will screw up - remember that you need to look at a game that is active and changing)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #13

win7
 
 

Right now I have it on the Bulls and Tiberwolves, it loads the current score, than after livbe update goes back to the old 80-81 score. unreal.



This has happend so often (this preaseason), that I finally decided to speak up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


14 Oct 2009   #14

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

So far speaking up is all you been doing.

Why not try following some of the suggestions made?
Like add yahoo thing to compatibility mode.

Only thinking about it won't help you much.

And maybe deleting the tempfiles and cookies isn't necessary every time,
maybe just once.

But you will never know if you don't try.

Greetings
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #15

 

Hopefully, we can find and correct the cause.

Personally, I would be going nuts if something that vital was affecting my system/enjoyment.

For instance, I have been following the Titans closely this year. Every site I visit shows that they are 0 and 4. Nonsense!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #16

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Hopefully, we can find and correct the cause.

Personally, I would be going nuts if something that vital was affecting my system/enjoyment.

For instance, I have been following the Titans closely this year. Every site I visit shows that they are 0 and 4. Nonsense!
More like 10-7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #17

win7
 
 

Some of you guys are acting like jerks, this is a real problem. I am going to get my camera video tape it for you.

Reporting bugs on this forum is like insulting the insecurities of others.



I should not have to delete my cookies and tempfiles to watch boxscores, I don't even know how to add Yahoo to compatibility.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #18

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by no1ninja View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by no1ninja View Post



I just had it happen to me again. It works at first, but the live update eventually screws up. Go back to it, and let is sit there for a bit. You will see it go back to an old instance.
I've been watching it for a long time, and I haven't seen it go back to an old score/stat/etc. Have you tried adding yahoo to your compatibility mode list? If anything is wrong, I'd wager it is a Yahoo coding problem - choking on IE8. Compatibility mode will allow older websites to display and act correctly in IE8.

I thought about that, but firefox is handling it fine.


I am sure cookies and tempfiles will help, but I can't be doing this everytime.



(Please just let it sit there, after a few live updates it will screw up - remember that you need to look at a game that is active and changing)
I don't think you understand what compatibilty mode is. It is part of IE8, which allows you to force a website to function as if you were using IE7. For instance, I visit a forum that uses vBulletin - the animated menu system crawls unless I use compatibilty view. Once enabled, the page renders perfectly. Try it. It's under the "Page" menu. You can also google for IE8 compatibility view.

(Oh - I did let it sit there. In fact, it's still sitting there, and it hasn't screwed up for me yet.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #19

win7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by no1ninja View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kegobeer View Post

I've been watching it for a long time, and I haven't seen it go back to an old score/stat/etc. Have you tried adding yahoo to your compatibility mode list? If anything is wrong, I'd wager it is a Yahoo coding problem - choking on IE8. Compatibility mode will allow older websites to display and act correctly in IE8.

I thought about that, but firefox is handling it fine.


I am sure cookies and tempfiles will help, but I can't be doing this everytime.



(Please just let it sit there, after a few live updates it will screw up - remember that you need to look at a game that is active and changing)
I don't think you understand what compatibilty mode is. It is part of IE8, which allows you to force a website to function as if you were using IE7. For instance, I visit a forum that uses vBulletin - the animated menu system crawls unless I use compatibilty view. Once enabled, the page renders perfectly. Try it. It's under the "Page" menu. You can also google for IE8 compatibility view.

(Oh - I did let it sit there. In fact, it's still sitting there, and it hasn't screwed up for me yet.)

Thanks for explaing that to me, I will try that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Oct 2009   #20

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by no1ninja View Post
Some of you guys are acting like jerks, this is a real problem. I am going to get my camera video tape it for you.

Reporting bugs on this forum is like insulting the insecurities of others.



I should not have to delete my cookies and tempfiles to watch boxscores, I don't even know how to add Yahoo to compatibility.
I will ignore your remark.

You have explained what happens, and you have been served with suggestions on how to fix it.

Your unwillingness to try any of them, or to simply ask how to do it,
might be the cause for us not taking you very seriously.

Work with us, or go somewhere else.

Insulting won't get you very far.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 IE8 acting stupid





Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: IE8 acting stupid
Thread Forum
tab key acting weird General Discussion
w7 started acting up General Discussion
About Alt-tab Acting Up General Discussion
IE 8 started acting up Browsers & Mail
Really weird acting... BSOD Help and Support
Stupid Stupid Laptop Battery Chillout Room
PC Acting really weird. Hardware & Devices

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33