Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Weird problem, can't access certain websites.


16 Jul 2013   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Weird problem, can't access certain websites.

Well this problem came up a few weeks ago, at first I thought it was just Google search, but it turns out I can't access multiple websites, eg. Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. I've tried resetting my router but no luck, does anyone know what could cause this? I really don't want to format my hard drive, again.


Thanks,

kLN


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Jul 2013   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, 64 bit
 
 

Do you see the sites in other browsers?
If you do, its something with chrome.

I suggest you delete chache
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2013   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by estXcrew View Post
Do you see the sites in other browsers?
If you do, its something with chrome.

I suggest you delete chache

I've tried Firefox and IE but they don't work on them either, and i've already tried but it doesn't help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


16 Jul 2013   #4

Windows 7 Profession x64
 
 

If multiple browsers are causing issues, signs point to a connectivity problem. Have you restarted? Are you on wireless? If not, can you verify that you are properly plugged into the router? Do other computers on your network have internet access? We need to rule out some things to help you out
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2013   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by diplo View Post
If multiple browsers are causing issues, signs point to a connectivity problem. Have you restarted? Are you on wireless? If not, can you verify that you are properly plugged into the router? Do other computers on your network have internet access? We need to rule out some things to help you out
Yes i've restarted, i've got a wired connection. It's properly plugged in, I have a laptop which is connected to it but I can access all sites, the same with my phone
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2013   #6

Win-7 Home Prem 64-bit 7601 Free SP1
 
 

For internet explorer only,
Clean boot,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Safe mode and other advanced methods,
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode
Shut down your machine, Unplug-Hold the power button down for 30/45 seconds (Power Drain)
Power up and Tap the F8 key continuously until you see a black page with white text,
Use the down arrow key to toggle to safe mode with networking/ hit the enter key.
Login as usual
Test the issue,
Can’t access secure sites,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967897
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Why-cant-I-view-some-websites
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2013   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
For internet explorer only,
Clean boot,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
Safe mode and other advanced methods,
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode
Shut down your machine, Unplug-Hold the power button down for 30/45 seconds (Power Drain)
Power up and Tap the F8 key continuously until you see a black page with white text,
Use the down arrow key to toggle to safe mode with networking/ hit the enter key.
Login as usual
Test the issue,
Canít access secure sites,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967897
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Why-cant-I-view-some-websites
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

I've tried booting in safe mode with networking but I still can't access certain websites. I've used cmd to ping some websites that I can access and some websites which I cannot access. As you can see in the attachment, I ping around 35ms to websites which I can access, and around 175ms to websites which I cannot access.


Attached Thumbnails
Weird problem, can't access certain websites.-picture1.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2013   #8

Win-7 Home Prem 64-bit 7601 Free SP1
 
 

You can use these free tools to see if they find anything,
Manually Update them before running full scans,
Try not to use your computer while the scans are running, (one at a time of course).
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
http://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=SUPERANTISPYWARE

This one is the longest up to 4 hours, the others are only about 45 minutes,
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Jul 2013   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
You can use these free tools to see if they find anything,
Manually Update them before running full scans,
Try not to use your computer while the scans are running, (one at a time of course).
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
http://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=SUPERANTISPYWARE

This one is the longest up to 4 hours, the others are only about 45 minutes,
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Runned all of them, couldn't find anything.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2013   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

bump~
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Weird problem, can't access certain websites.




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Weird problem, can't access certain websites.
Thread Forum
Solved Can only access Google / Yahoo websites Network & Sharing
Cannot access some websites Browsers & Mail
Cannot access most websites or messengers Browsers & Mail
Solved Cannot access certain websites. Browsers & Mail
Win 7 starter wi-fi says limited access - very weird problem Network & Sharing
Solved Can't access microsoft websites or Windows Updates General Discussion
91 Cool/Fun/Weird Websites!! Chillout Room

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33