Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: International Email Scams


26 Jan 2014   #1

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 
International Email Scams

I am being solicited in giving out private information in order to receive sums awarded to me. These sums amount to 250,000 british pounds or large sums of U.S. currency. The emails are coming from the U.K. and Nigeria.
Is there a way for me to avoid receiving these emails?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Jan 2014   #2

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Does your email client have a spam filter? If so, turn it on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2014   #3

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Yes, its on and that's where they are showing up. But I also get legitimate mail there too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 Jan 2014   #4

Win7 Pro-64 Bit
 
 

Grin and bear it while you delete them. I have found they will stop coming in after a bit when they don't get a nibble on the bait they use.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2014   #5

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rjordan393 View Post
Yes, its on and that's where they are showing up. But I also get legitimate mail there too.
Sometimes it takes a while to "train" the spam filter. Just inform the filter when legitimate email shows up in the spam folder. If regularly occurring email keeps showing up in the spam folder, add the address to your contact list.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2014   #6

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

I just went into mail settings and one of the options is that I can block addresses. I will add the scam mail as it arrives. I have 205 addresses that I can add. But I am wondering why did you advise to add these addresses to the contact list? What good would that do?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2014   #7

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rjordan393 View Post
I just went into mail settings and one of the options is that I can block addresses. I will add the scam mail as it arrives. I have 205 addresses that I can add. But I am wondering why did you advise to add these addresses to the contact list? What good would that do?
No, add the good addresses to your contact list to keep them out of the spam folder.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2014   #8

Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
 
 

Thanks, I did not know how to do that. But what about email that comes from a forum that I subscribed to. Will it work the same way? These forum messages that come to me end up in my spam mail folder.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Jan 2014   #9

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rjordan393 View Post
Thanks, I did not know how to do that. But what about email that comes from a forum that I subscribed to. Will it work the same way? These forum messages that come to me end up in my spam mail folder.
Yes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 International Email Scams




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: International Email Scams
Thread Forum
The 12 Scams of Xmas Chillout Room
Facebook Scams Start Attracting International Audiences Security News
Scams Chillout Room
Scams Chillout Room
Look out for these 4 Census scams. Security News

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33