Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Firefox 28 Final Release

27 Mar 2014   #1
Gary

Win 10 Pro 64
 
 
Firefox 28 Final Release

This release for me is crashing on average 3 times a day, this should not happen with a final released program. Obviously Mozilla is ignoring all of the crash reports I send. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. I use PaleMoon 64 Bit as my secondary Browser and it has never crashed. It may become my main soon.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
27 Mar 2014   #2
Not Myself

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

No, Fx 28 ought not crash, but your crashes are most likely to be artifacts of something in your Fx profile, as the program itself is not known to be crash prone. You have no proof whatsoever that your submitted crash reports are being ignored. It is quite rare for them to be acknowledged; they are compiled to see if problems can be identified that need to be fixed for future releases.

Standard diagnostic - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

If you want replies to crash reports, post a few of their numbers, found in About:Crashes, on MozillaZine for experts to examine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Mar 2014   #3
Callender

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
Ditched Firefox about a year ago

Hi,

You could take a look at Cyberfox. I use the 64bit version as my default browser (no java).

There's both 32bit and 64bit versions available, also Intel or AMD optimized versions of each. If you've got FF installed it will share the same profile so my personal preference is to backup any existing profiles using:

MozBackup - Backup tool for Firefox and Thunderbird

Cyberfox: Hover mouse over "Cyberfox" tab to see different versions. Check out FAQ's.

https://8pecxstudios.com/?page_id=52

If you like Pale Moon then you'll probably like Cyberfox!

TweakGuides.com - Firefox Tweak Guide - see all pages and pick out relevant tweaks for yourself.

Does it crash when creating a clean new profile with add ons disabled? Or if you use the FF Safe Mode shortcut?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla\Firefox.exe" -safe-mode

Edit:
Forget this Cyberfox stuff unless you want to test it by replacing your 32bit Firefox entirely. It's going to share the same profile otherwise - unlike Pale Moon!

Also on a couple of occasions after updating Firefox (when I used it in the past) there were sometimes problems caused by my security software auto-sandboxing a couple of files without notification. Something to check although it seems unlikely in your case.

I sometimes found that Firefox would screw at some point every now and then. My usual fix: Backup the profile using MozBackup then fully remove Firefox and reboot before doing a clean FF install. Then restore the backed up profile.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Mar 2014   #4
Gary

Win 10 Pro 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Not Myself View Post
No, Fx 28 ought not crash, but your crashes are most likely to be artifacts of something in your Fx profile, as the program itself is not known to be crash prone. You have no proof whatsoever that your submitted crash reports are being ignored. It is quite rare for them to be acknowledged; they are compiled to see if problems can be identified that need to be fixed for future releases.

Standard diagnostic - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

If you want replies to crash reports, post a few of their numbers, found in About:Crashes, on MozillaZine for experts to examine.
You are quite wrong. Mozilla does ack crash reports as I have received them. As for my profile, PaleMoon uses the same profile and it never has crashed. The Mozzillaine Forum is full of a bunch of know it all types and I would not wast my time there. I tested Nightly builds for years and most of them never crashed 3 times in one day or twice within 30 minutes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Mar 2014   #5
Gary

Win 10 Pro 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Callender View Post
Hi,

You could take a look at Cyberfox. I use the 64bit version as my default browser (no java).

There's both 32bit and 64bit versions available, also Intel or AMD optimized versions of each. If you've got FF installed it will share the same profile so my personal preference is to backup any existing profiles using:

MozBackup - Backup tool for Firefox and Thunderbird

Cyberfox: Hover mouse over "Cyberfox" tab to see different versions. Check out FAQ's.

https://8pecxstudios.com/?page_id=52

If you like Pale Moon then you'll probably like Cyberfox!

TweakGuides.com - Firefox Tweak Guide - see all pages and pick out relevant tweaks for yourself.

Does it crash when creating a clean new profile with add ons disabled? Or if you use the FF Safe Mode shortcut?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Firefox\Firefox.exe" -safe-mode

I have tried Cyberfox and it does use the same profile. With Palemoon there is a tool that permits you to import your Fx profile. It is not automatic. I have been using Firefox since it was called Phoenix and what I have witnessed over the years is a steady decline in stability in Firefox. It really began to reallly go bad around Fx 23. I have also used MozBackup since it came out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Mar 2014   #6
Gary

Win 10 Pro 64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Mar 2014   #7
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

I'm kind of like many millions of Firefox users. No problems on two computers using FF28.
I don't use FF built in Hardware Acceleration and very few add ons.
Check the option to update add ons and Hardware Acceleration. Enable/disable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Mar 2014   #8
Gary

Win 10 Pro 64
 
 

I use the same add ons with PaleMoon without a problem. I did not have this problem with Firefox 27.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Mar 2014   #9
Layback Bear

Windows 7 Pro. 64/SP-1
 
 

Just a thought.
Sometimes your add ons don't update with the browser updates.
Therefor they don't play well together. Most Firefox problems that I read about are cause by add ons.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Mar 2014   #10
Gary

Win 10 Pro 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear View Post
Just a thought.
Sometimes your add ons don't update with the browser updates.
Therefor they don't play well together. Most Firefox problems that I read about are cause by add ons.
Yes I know but I have the same add on in Pale Moon both 32 & 64 bit and it never crashes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Firefox 28 Final Release




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Firefox 15 Beta to Final release update
When I want to update Firefox 15 Beta to Final release version using About Firefox dialog box. It shows me that Firefox is updated. What will happen when downloading Firefox 15 Final release from official website and installing it on my computer? 1. Replaces my current version to newer...
Browsers & Mail
Final Fantasy VII Re-Release for the PC!
(moved from the other thread) Apparently Square-Enix is re-releasing this game for the PC on their online store yet again, updated for modern systems and PCs :D They claim that the game will not have anymore compatiblity issues and are also introducing some paid for DLC cheats to make...
Gaming
Firefox 3.6.4 RC1 Is All for Now, Final Release Postponed
more
Browsers & Mail
from release to final?
sorry if this has been asked before, but can i upgrade the release candidate to the final version i will receive in a couple of days in my mail, or do i have to do a complete clean install? regards, markus
General Discussion
going Win7 RC to Win 7 final release
i understand that I will soon have to uninstall windows rc on hard drive c. have ordered the new release. how will this affect backup data on separate drive d? Does this mean reinstalling all hardware, broadband connections and programs? what can I backup to make this task easier? would an...
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 final release?
Windows 7 Build 7025 Is Live, Forget Beta Build 7000 - Leaked details available - Softpedia
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:44.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App