I have been trying to fix this problem for 4 days now, and I am pulling out my hair. I need help.
I have installed both IE8 and Firefox, both have the same problem. Google loads super fast...no problem there. But other web pages, load very slow, some times more than 5 minutes. In my head I hear the old 56k dial up sound off, but actually I am using high speed comcast 6m.
- I have disabled the firewall, spyware. There currently is no virus protection.
- Windows 7 Pro is a clean install.
- Possibly unrelated, Norton 360 wont install. I mention it because it loads from the internet.
- I have XP and Ubuntu working now, on the same router the Windows 7 machine is connected and they work fine.
I have done alot of internet seaching and have tried some stuff, asside from the stuff mentioned above. But truthfully I didnt believe this would work, but I am willing to try just bout anything.
- reloading earlier versions of graphics and network adapter drivers.
- turned IPv6 off on the driver.
- Turned off Homegroup function of windows.
Ok, so any help you can give me is appreciated.