Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Email Client


05 Nov 2009   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 
Email Client

I was just curious what the email client of choice is with Windows 7 since it does not come with one. I am leaning toward Thunderbird. I have to have the ability to have two email addresses. From my understanding if you use Windows Live Mail, you must actually go into the Control Panel and change users. That is alot of trouble. Does anyone know of another email client other than Thunderbird that allows two users like Outlook Express did?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Nov 2009   #2

win 7 home premium 32 bit
 
 

i would like to know also. having problems with windows live mail.

whos bright idea was it to remove windows mail in the first place, i dont understand what they were thinking.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2009   #3

Windows7 x64 7600 16385
 
 

I use Outlook as I have Office and it suits my needs well. I have used Thunderbird and it is a nice email client. If I didn't use Outlook, its what I'd be using.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


05 Nov 2009   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
I use Outlook as I have Office and it suits my needs well. I have used Thunderbird and it is a nice email client. If I didn't use Outlook, its what I'd be using.
I also have Office, and I checked out Outlook. I did not see how you can have two email addresses in it unless you open up the Control Panel and switch users. Is there an easier way to do it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2009   #5

Windows7 x64 7600 16385
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
I also have Office, and I checked out Outlook. I did not see how you can have two email addresses in it unless you open up the Control Panel and switch users. Is there an easier way to do it?
Sure. From Outlook drop down menu's. Tools, EMail Accounts..., Add a new email account. Enter the required info and you will have another account that Outlook will check. I use Outlook 2003 but I've used 2007 and you can set up additional email addresses in it the same way.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2009   #6

Windows 7
 
 

Hi,
I use windows live mail with two accounts one of which is @msn.com(hotmail) and the other is a standard POP3. It also works with gmail and yahoo mail. Checks both accounts and allows you set the default. Cheers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2009   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-Bit - Build 7600 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
I also have Office, and I checked out Outlook. I did not see how you can have two email addresses in it unless you open up the Control Panel and switch users. Is there an easier way to do it?
Sure. From Outlook drop down menu's. Tools, EMail Accounts..., Add a new email account. Enter the required info and you will have another account that Outlook will check. I use Outlook 2003 but I've used 2007 and you can set up additional email addresses in it the same way.

I also have 2003. I did what you said, but all email messages come into one account so that you have to pick through to find them. Is there a way to make them individual like in Express?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2009   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck View Post
I was just curious what the email client of choice is with Windows 7 since it does not come with one. I am leaning toward Thunderbird. I have to have the ability to have two email addresses. From my understanding if you use Windows Live Mail, you must actually go into the Control Panel and change users. That is alot of trouble. Does anyone know of another email client other than Thunderbird that allows two users like Outlook Express did?
Windows Live Mail can access up to 32 email accounts.
If you need privacy, then you need to have separate user logins, for each user to keep their email private from other users.
I use Thunderbird and WLM.
If you have Windows 7 Pro or higher, you can use OE in the XP mode.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Nov 2009   #9

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit)
 
 

Thunderbird is pretty decent, not sure about the others though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Nov 2009   #10

Windows7 x64 7600 16385
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bigmck;358666c
I also have 2003. I did what you said, but all email messages come into one account so that you have to pick through to find them. Is there a way to make them individual like in Express?
Ok, now I understand what you'd like to do. You will have to set up a rule. First create new folders in your inbox. Name folder 1 something like "my address 1" and folder 2 "my address 2". Then create a rule that moves emails with "specific words in the recipients address" to the proper folder. For instance, "myname@isp1.com" will be set to move to the "my address 1" folder, and "myname@isp2.com" will go to the "my address 2" folder. Should work for you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Email Client




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Email Client
Thread Forum
looking for a good email client Browsers & Mail
default email client Browsers & Mail
Email desktop client Browsers & Mail
Solved New, fabulous email client? Browsers & Mail
Solved Can you recommend an email client? Browsers & Mail
W7x64 Email client? Browsers & Mail
Just a Question - What email client(s) are you using on W7 Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33