Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How can I speed up Internet Explorer 11

28 May 2015   #11
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by carwiz View Post
Some sites just flat don't like MS and try to force the issue. Primarily because IE is more secure and doesn't allow crap to weasel in. IE11 will soon be even better at it with the upcoming change.

Quote:
Occasionally websites are written in such a way that they effectively block certain browsers. One common reason for this is that the website has been tested to work with only a limited number of browsers, and so the site owners enforce that only tested browsers are allowed to view the content, while all other browsers are sent a "failure" message, and instruction to use another browser. Many of the untested browsers may still be otherwise capable of rendering the content. Sophisticated users who are aware of this may then "spoof" the user-agent in order to gain access to the site.
Forgot to add:
Think about it. Just who would even consider NOT testing with IE versions.
There a are a lot of websites that are not IE11 compatible. When I switched to IE11 last year, ABC's website would no longer allow me to stream TV shows. Their tech help's solution? Try another browser. My response to that can't be printed here. Earlier this year, they finally redesigned their website to be compatible with IE11.

I got into it last year with the free and paid web storage/backup site called Mega (the one based in New Zealand). They refuse to design their service to be compatible with all versions of IE.

Web designers hate IE because it is more difficult to design a website for than for other browsers, especially since each new version of IE has new parameters web designers have to learn how to accommodate. But then, there a lot of really bad web designers out there that don't know certain body parts from an excavation. Another pet peeve I have is web designers will put in a link for the email address to contact the owner of the website that automatically goes directly to an email client, such as Outlook. The problem is, not every one uses an email client, using web based email instead, such as Yahoo Mail, which is what I use. Sometimes, I can find the email address by right clicking the link and checking the properties; sometimes not. I could go on but I've probably bored you by now.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 May 2015   #12
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
...There shouldn't be a whole lot of difference in how any browser loads a website...
No, there shouldn't be but it still happens due to bad web design.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
...To say something special has to be done for 1 particular browser is usually the browsers flaw not the website
All websites should be doing is complying with 3w.org and a browser should load it best it can.
That philosophy also prevents browsers from being designed to be more secure. It's that kind of thinking that holds back progress in pretty much all fields. That philosophy would still have us breathing airborne lead because eliminating it from gasoline would burn valves and valve seats and cause predetonation unless engines were redesigned to work without the lead.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2015   #13
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

I messaged John here at sevenforum's
He was a bit too drunk to comment from a site owners perspective

Short and sweet version is ie is a pain in the ass.

I'm sure there are sites that block ie for obvious reasons.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 May 2015   #14
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
I messaged John here at sevenforum's
He was a bit too drunk to comment from a site owners perspective

Short and sweet version is ie is a pain in the ass.

I'm sure there are sites that block ie for obvious reasons.
Yes, IE is a PITA for web designers. That doesn't make it inferior; it just means that many web designers are too incompetent and/or lazy to learn how to deal with it. Modern cars are much harder to work on than older ones; does that mean modern cars are inferior since mechanics have to be smarter and go to the trouble of learning how work on them?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2015   #15
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

If you really want a great example in incompetence in website design and functionality visit any freaking M$ site
Even using ie of any version they are the slowest to load completely.
M$ sites are a train wreck they should hardly be the ones advising anyone how to design anything web related.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2015   #16
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
If you really want a great example in incompetence in website design and functionality visit any freaking M$ site
Even using ie of any version they are the slowest to load completely.
M$ sites are a train wreck they should hardly be the ones advising anyone how to design anything web related.
But the M$ sites work without crashing, throwing inaccurate error messages (another pet peeve of mine), etc. Page layout is not the only factor of web design. We mostly have been talking about the coding here.

Funny, when I've tried other browsers, they weren't any faster than the latest versions of IE. The earlier versions of IE, such as IE6, were pretty pathetic but, since IE 7, they have been steadily improving with IE9 being about as good as anything else and IE10 being better than anything else I tried. IE11 is the best version I've used so far with the only problems I've encountered so far being due to lazy and/or incompetent web designers (and many of them eventually came around). In fact, I held off almost a year before upgrading to IE 11 because so many sites weren't compatible at first. Sadly, IE's earlier, well deserved bad reputation has stuck, especially with Geeks, one of the reasons M$ is dropping the name with its newest browser.

Btw, I have no trouble whatsoever accessing Seven Forums with IE11.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2015   #17
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2015   #18
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Your point being? The coding on the site is just fine; it's just the layout that is rather pathetic. Poor site layout isn't what makes IE 11 incompatible with some websites; it's bad coding by lazy and/or incompetent web designers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2015   #19
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Point being the website the validation was on is a freaking train wreck designed and coded by none other than M$ staff.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 May 2015   #20
UsernameIssues

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Perhaps the OP can provide one or two links to websites that load slowly in IE11.



FWIW, I'll repeat my old line when it comes to browser wars:
IE can do stuff that no other browser can.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How can I speed up Internet Explorer 11




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Internet speed(2g,3g)
Which is the best smart phone to access internet faster to maximum extent through usb dialup connection through PC suite? Samsung's android or nokia with windows os?? If others,please explain in detail...
Network & Sharing
difference between the download speed and internet speed?
hi! i just wanna ask between the difference of the download speed and the internet speed. because i have a 1.5mb connection i tried at speedtest and when i download i always get a 190-200kbps rate. so its not actually 1.5mb in my download speed even my internet speed is 1.5mbps. is there and...
Network & Sharing
How do I speed up my internet speed?
I am using an AT&T 2Wire 2701HG-B Router, and it sucks. I can't get another one so that's outa the question. What can I do to speed up my internet connection? As of now it's: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1528043238.png Crappy, I know. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Network & Sharing
my internet speed changes
So. i have elisa 24/10 but lately it can only download 100kb-400kb and if i try watch in youtube video it cant play it even in 240p im clueless, it started about 2-9days ago i cant recall exactly time. And im pretty sure its now virus because i have formated 2-9 day ago my computer and i...
Network & Sharing
Internet Explorer - Download Speed and Time
How to See Download Speed and Time in Download Manager of IE9 and IE10 This tutorial will show you how to see the download speed in KB/sec, MB/sec, and percentage completed, and estimated time left for a download in the download manager of IE9 and IE10. Here's How: 1. To See...
Tutorials
Internet speed
I use Internet Explorer so how can I tell what my speed is thought the Internet
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:51.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App