Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Problems viewing certain webpages IE 11

06 Jul 2015   #21
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
Hi,
Start out by filling in your system spec's page with the link above my signature.
Add also which security and any other utilities you've used or use now
Cheers.
The information has been added. Actually included all the information with a screenshot from Speccy earlier so everyone had the information. The only utility I use regularly is Dragon NaturallySpeaking because I'm disabled and have to use it to type and control my computer. I do use my touchpad for some navigation however
Thank you now most of that info follows your ever post

There might be a incompatibility with your dragon software
Have you confirmed with the developers site compatibility with ie11 ?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
06 Jul 2015   #22
Msradell

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
I'm not suggesting that you uninstall Flash again, but here are the steps that Adobe suggests doing when the normal uninstallation process fails. Not that the the normal uninstallation process failed for you - I'm just citing that process in case it adds something to your already excellent troubleshooting skills.

You mentioned that deleting certain IE folders fixes the issue until you reboot. Problem solved. Don't reboot :-)

Does that mean that you can go for days without this website formatting issue showing up? Only a reboot triggers the issue?

Have you tried these things in this order:
delete those "IE folders" that we talked about in your last thread
do the clean startup steps
(reboot as part of the clean startup steps)
surf to the test website

The goal of those steps in that order is to see if some other app is corrupting something in those IE folders at startup.
I've gone a couple of days without having a problem after removing the folders as long as I don't reboot. So it definitely appears that rebooting restarts the issue. I just did what you suggested, remove the folders and make sure that the site was working correctly. I then did a clean reboot without any non-MS services nor any startup items starting up. Again the problem appeared immediately after the reboot. Something in the reboot is deftly triggering it, I may look at the MS services that automatically start during reboot and see if I can disable any of them without causing any problems. Any ideas what ones to try?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2015   #23
Msradell

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ThrashZone View Post
There might be a incompatibility with your dragon software
Have you confirmed with the developers site compatibility with ie11 ?
They had been working find the other for quite a while so I doubt that but I've also disabled that and I still have the problem. If you look at the post above you can see when I just tried.

To say it's a strange issue is an understatement
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jul 2015   #24
UsernameIssues

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
I'm not suggesting that you uninstall Flash again, but here are the steps that Adobe suggests doing when the normal uninstallation process fails. Not that the the normal uninstallation process failed for you - I'm just citing that process in case it adds something to your already excellent troubleshooting skills.

You mentioned that deleting certain IE folders fixes the issue until you reboot. Problem solved. Don't reboot :-)

Does that mean that you can go for days without this website formatting issue showing up? Only a reboot triggers the issue?

Have you tried these things in this order:
delete those "IE folders" that we talked about in your last thread
do the clean startup steps
(reboot as part of the clean startup steps)
surf to the test website

The goal of those steps in that order is to see if some other app is corrupting something in those IE folders at startup.
I've gone a couple of days without having a problem after removing the folders as long as I don't reboot. So it definitely appears that rebooting restarts the issue. I just did what you suggested, remove the folders and make sure that the site was working correctly. I then did a clean reboot without any non-MS services nor any startup items starting up. Again the problem appeared immediately after the reboot. Something in the reboot is deftly triggering it, I may look at the MS services that automatically start during reboot and see if I can disable any of them without causing any problems. Any ideas what ones to try?
That might be too dangerous.

If you are willing:
delete the folders again
do not test the website
do the clean startup steps - reboot as a part of those steps
check to see if those folders came back without starting IE

I would expect everything under C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch to be rebuilt upon reboot. I'm not sure what else should show if IE is not started after folder deletion and a clean reboot.

Without going into a lot of detail, just let us know if there are folders in these 3 areas:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
If there are, then I'll do some testing on my end before suggesting the next test.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2015   #25
Msradell

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I believe I found the problem. I had tracking prediction turned on for Internet Explorer and the following protection group was enabled :

Name TRUSTe

Status Disabled

Address
http://easy-tracking-protection.truste.com/easy.tpl



I disabled it and rebooted and everything worked after the reboot! I'll continue to do some more testing to make sure but it looks like this may have been the problem. Maybe for some reason the website uses tracking protection to give you more localized news and weather?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2015   #26
Msradell

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by UsernameIssues View Post
I'm not suggesting that you uninstall Flash again, but here are the steps that Adobe suggests doing when the normal uninstallation process fails. Not that the the normal uninstallation process failed for you - I'm just citing that process in case it adds something to your already excellent troubleshooting skills.

You mentioned that deleting certain IE folders fixes the issue until you reboot. Problem solved. Don't reboot :-)

Does that mean that you can go for days without this website formatting issue showing up? Only a reboot triggers the issue?

Have you tried these things in this order:
delete those "IE folders" that we talked about in your last thread
do the clean startup steps
(reboot as part of the clean startup steps)
surf to the test website

The goal of those steps in that order is to see if some other app is corrupting something in those IE folders at startup.
I've gone a couple of days without having a problem after removing the folders as long as I don't reboot. So it definitely appears that rebooting restarts the issue. I just did what you suggested, remove the folders and make sure that the site was working correctly. I then did a clean reboot without any non-MS services nor any startup items starting up. Again the problem appeared immediately after the reboot. Something in the reboot is deftly triggering it, I may look at the MS services that automatically start during reboot and see if I can disable any of them without causing any problems. Any ideas what ones to try?
That might be too dangerous.

If you are willing:
delete the folders again
do not test the website
do the clean startup steps - reboot as a part of those steps
check to see if those folders came back without starting IE

I would expect everything under C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch to be rebuilt upon reboot. I'm not sure what else should show if IE is not started after folder deletion and a clean reboot.

Without going into a lot of detail, just let us know if there are folders in these 3 areas:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
If there are, then I'll do some testing on my end before suggesting the next test.
Thanks for giving me some more ideas but hopefully I solve the problem (see the post directly above). In answer to your question however I have two of the three folders but I do not have the folder
C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jul 2015   #27
UsernameIssues

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Msradell View Post
I believe I found the problem. I had tracking prediction turned on for Internet Explorer and the following protection group was enabled :

Name TRUSTe

Status Disabled

Address
http://easy-tracking-protection.truste.com/easy.tpl



I disabled it and rebooted and everything worked after the reboot! I'll continue to do some more testing to make sure but it looks like this may have been the problem. Maybe for some reason the website uses tracking protection to give you more localized news and weather?


Glad that you found it.

I don't know much about that tool. I'll look into it someday :-)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Problems viewing certain webpages IE 11




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Problems viewing visual links
In the past two weeks I am frequently getting the message (this requires an updated Flash Player) when I attempt to view a link sent by email or some YouTube videos. I have not made any changes to my browsers, either IE or Firefox. And I have the latest version of FlashPlayer; 13.0.0.182 after...
General Discussion
Problems viewing video in media player
Hello, I have been having some problems with my new laptop and it's driving me up the wall. I was hoping a clever person here might be able to help. I tried to watch a dvd and got the error message "wmp can't play dvd, try lowering screen res" etc. Some internet research led me to try the...
Media Center
Digital camera viewing problems
I connect my digital camera to my computer to view the pictures. I see all the picture except the last 2 pictures I took will not show up.
Music, Pictures & Video
problems viewing .AVI files with MPC Home Cinema x64
Lately I have had trouble watching .AVI files with MPC. .MP4 and .MKV files play perfectly. .AVI files are jumpy (play a second, pause, play another second, pause, etc.) Windows Media Center and Media Player both play these files perfectly. Any suggestions? I re-installed MPC, and FFD Show...
Music, Pictures & Video
ff 3.5.6 - problems with viewing page
Hello! I installed win 7 and with ff (ver. 3.5.6) it asks me for plugin to be installed when view TEAMtalk Football News | Latest News |. Also, some buttons are not on pages. Check out the pic http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/4075/ffresize.jpg When click on "click here to dl plugin", no...
Browsers & Mail
Problems viewing pcs on network
I am having problems viewing any computers on my workgroup. I'm in a work environment working off of a workgroup. No pc's are able to even ping my computer. When I go to network and sharing, the network discovery is set to on. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any information would be...
Network & Sharing


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App