There are quite a few different options to try. See if any of these work for you:
‘MAXIMIZE’ PAGE SIZE
1. Right-click the Desktop IE icon or IE in the Start Menu, and click on Properties at bottom of the menu. In the Properties window select the Shortcut tab. Open the ‘Run’ drop-down menu and select: Maximized. Hit: Apply, OK
2. Maximize the IE page with the Maximize 1 icon, then hold Shift and close with the X. Next time it opens it should be maximized.
3. Maximize your IE window size by dragging each of the four edges of the window all the way out to the edges of the screen. Then hold down the Alt key and press the "X" close button. Next time you open that link it should open in the maximized size, the way it was when you closed it!
4. Maximize your IE window size by dragging each of the four edges of the window all the way out to the edges of the screen. Then, while holding the Ctrl + Shift keys, close it by clicking File, Close. You might have to do it a few times to make it learn. If this doesn't work, try again, but this time, still holding the Ctrl + Shift keys, close they maximized window using the X icon.
‘CUSTOMIZE’ PAGE SIZE
1. When IE opens smaller than you wish, IE 8 and IE 9 now have to be resized with the RE-SIZER icon to permanently enlarge the screen. (The Re-sizer icon is the ‘multiple dots’ icon at the lower right-hand corner of the screen.
2. Open IE and open an additional (2nd) IE window which will also be small. Put your cursor on the upper-left corner of the 2nd window, until the left-top corner is aligned with the top-left corner of your screen. In the right-bottom corner of the 2nd IE window, drag the RE-SIZER down diagonally until it rests at the top of the Status Bar and at the bottom-right-hand corner of your screen. Close the 1st window and then close the 2nd window. IE will now remember your position and size on the next opening. If that doesn't work, repeat the above, but when closing both windows, hold Ctrl and Shift keys while clicking the X.
3. Open Internet Explorer. Stretch the window with your cursor until you have it the size you want. (Do NOT use the Maximize button at the top-right ).
Press the Ctrl key and HOLD, and while still holding, click File then click Exit (Do NOT use the red Exit 'X' button at the top-right. ) Re-open Internet Explorer. It should open exactly the same size as it was last closed.
[Note: if that does not work for you, substitute Ctrl key with Shift key, or press the Ctrl and Shift keys together.]