Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: IE8

23 Dec 2009   #11
aem

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
 
 

Use Firefox or install XP Mode and install any version of Explorer.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Dec 2009   #12

Windows 7
 
 

I have run a virus scan with Avast. I have Spyware Blaster, Spybot, Malware Bytes and Super Anti Spyware...they are all recommended by CFS and take up very little space in your machine. So as far as a virus or malware is concerned I have nothing like that.

Just one more quick question about this new browser...is there alot of update with it? tyvm
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2009   #13

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lila View Post
Just one more quick question about this new browser...is there alot of update with it? tyvm
If your asking about Flock not much
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


23 Dec 2009   #14

Windows 7 Ultimate RTM (Technet)
 
 

There really aren't any updates with Firefox either. I didn't undertand that part of the OPs issue with it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #15

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Although I have and use Opera and Firefox, I don't understand the need to install another program if IE doesn't work correctly.

The issue or problem is not corrected - it's only bypassed. IE8 works correctly 100% of the time for me and many other Windows 7 users - it should for this user.

My first thought is "what would be causing this?"
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2009   #16

Windows 7 Ultimate RTM (Technet)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RadioJoe View Post
Although I have and use Opera and Firefox, I don't understand the need to install another program if IE doesn't work correctly.

The issue or problem is not corrected - it's only bypassed. IE8 works correctly 100% of the time for me and many other Windows 7 users - it should for this user.

My first thought is "what would be causing this?"
My reason is that IE8 is cumbersome and slow, and I am not a Microsoft hater by any means. I love their products, but IE8 needs an overhaul. I'm not going to waste time trying to make it work, when other browsers are simply better. If I encounter a site that requires IE8, I launch it, but otherwise, Firefox.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2009   #17

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 
IE8 changing letters color

Hey guys I'm new around here, so hi to everyone Now, what was my question...I'm using custome theme for my windows 7, and I really really like it, the only "problem" is that in IE8, the letters that I'm writing in adress bar r not to recognazible,and I really really don't want to change my IE8 browser with something else,so my question is, is there a way to make color of the letters red? I'm mean, just for IE8 that is.Here's the preview to.

P.S. I think I never loved a girl as I love Windows 7


Attached Thumbnails
IE8-ie8.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2009   #18

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmjow View Post
Hey guys I'm new around here, so hi to everyone Now, what was my question...I'm using custome theme for my windows 7, and I really really like it, the only "problem" is that in IE8, the letters that I'm writing in adress bar r not to recognazible,and I really really don't want to change my IE8 browser with something else,so my question is, is there a way to make color of the letters red? I'm mean, just for IE8 that is.Here's the preview to.

P.S. I think I never loved a girl as I love Windows 7
Please don't hijack someone else's thread it gets to confusing. You will get answers to your specific problem if you start your own thread. Thank you

Smitty
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2009   #19

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Sorry...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Dec 2009   #20

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 1Bowtie View Post
Please don't hijack someone else's thread it gets to confusing. You will get answers to your specific problem if you start your own thread. Thank you

Smitty
He already did, LOL!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 IE8




Thread Tools



Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33