Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Why don't pictures display in some emails?

24 Dec 2009   #1

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 
Why don't pictures display in some emails?

This doesn't happen in all emails but sometimes all that shows is a red x like in this screenshot. I was just wondering why that is?



Attached Thumbnails
Why don't pictures display in some emails?-ss.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Dec 2009   #2
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
This doesn't happen in all emails but sometimes all that shows is a red x like in this screenshot. I was just wondering why that is?
Is that Outlook ?? Which version ??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

No it's just my comcast mail account, They call it "SmartZone".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Dec 2009   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

Hey Capt. Jack , I don't know what happened to that last post, but I'm using IE8. Thanks, D.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #5
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

I have seen this issue with Outlook and Outlook Express but not sure about SmartZone .. I guess the issue is with thier end. Best to have a word with Comcast
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
I have seen this issue with Outlook and Outlook Express but not sure about SmartZone .. I guess the issue is with thier end. Best to have a word with Comcast
I'll give that a go next time I have half a day to do nothing else.
Thanks Mate. D.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #7
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
I have seen this issue with Outlook and Outlook Express but not sure about SmartZone .. I guess the issue is with thier end. Best to have a word with Comcast
I'll give that a go next time I have half a day to do nothing else.
Thanks Mate. D.
Your Welcome buddy .. Merry Christmas
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
I have seen this issue with Outlook and Outlook Express but not sure about SmartZone .. I guess the issue is with thier end. Best to have a word with Comcast
I'll give that a go next time I have half a day to do nothing else.
Thanks Mate. D.
Your Welcome buddy .. Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas to you as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #9

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
This doesn't happen in all emails but sometimes all that shows is a red x like in this screenshot. I was just wondering why that is?
I have heard that the problem is with the server. It does not recognize the picture or cant find it. There is nothing wrong with your computer.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Dec 2009   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Pro 64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
This doesn't happen in all emails but sometimes all that shows is a red x like in this screenshot. I was just wondering why that is?
I have heard that the problem is with the server. It does not recognize the picture or cant find it. There is nothing wrong with your computer.
Thank you richc46, I wasn't sure about that, thats good to know.
Merry Christmas to you and thanks again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Why don't pictures display in some emails?





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33