Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Cannot send email with Windows Live Mail


28 Dec 2009   #1

Windows
 
 
Cannot send email with Windows Live Mail

Hello forums! Ive been googling this issue for quite some time and people have the same issue, but specific to them...their isp, email etc. I cannot send any emails using Windows Live Mail. Everytime i go to send, it fails to connect to server with this message

Server" 'smtp.aol.com'
Windows Live Mail Error Code: 0x800ccc0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure (SSL): No
Socket error: 10060

Can someone please help me with my issue?? Thank you!

Oh...use layman's terms please!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Dec 2009   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mattkelly View Post
Hello forums! Ive been googling this issue for quite some time and people have the same issue, but specific to them...their isp, email etc. I cannot send any emails using Windows Live Mail. Everytime i go to send, it fails to connect to server with this message

Server" 'smtp.aol.com'
Windows Live Mail Error Code: 0x800ccc0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure (SSL): No
Socket error: 10060

Can someone please help me with my issue?? Thank you!

Oh...use layman's terms please!
You are right it is a common problem, and the cure is always the same. You have to correct the information that is provided. Bring up the email service. On the top you will see tools, then you will see accounts. In those accounts you, or the system, provided information such as port number, account name etc. If you would be kind enough to show me what information you provided. We can get you going. No need to send personal information like emal address. You can put Marjones@someisp.com.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2009   #3

Windows 7, 64 bit Home SP1, Win 8.1.1 Pro 64 bit
 
 

See this page, it has the setup needed for windows mail. How to Access an AOL Email Account with Windows Mail - About Email
One thing I see is that you have the outgoing mail server name wrong.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


28 Dec 2009   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fireberd View Post
See this page, it has the setup needed for windows mail. How to Access an AOL Email Account with Windows Mail - About Email
One thing I see is that you have the outgoing mail server name wrong.
Good information , thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2009   #5

Windows
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mattkelly View Post
Hello forums! Ive been googling this issue for quite some time and people have the same issue, but specific to them...their isp, email etc. I cannot send any emails using Windows Live Mail. Everytime i go to send, it fails to connect to server with this message

Server" 'smtp.aol.com'
Windows Live Mail Error Code: 0x800ccc0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure (SSL): No
Socket error: 10060

Can someone please help me with my issue?? Thank you!

Oh...use layman's terms please!
You are right it is a common problem, and the cure is always the same. You have to correct the information that is provided. Bring up the email service. On the top you will see tools, then you will see accounts. In those accounts you, or the system, provided information such as port number, account name etc. If you would be kind enough to show me what information you provided. We can get you going. No need to send personal information like emal address. You can put Marjones@someisp.com.
Ok, I'm definitely a newbie at this stuff. I dont see a tools menu, but top right corner theres an options section, but I dont know how to navigate to editting stuff like the port number etc. Not sure what to do from here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2009   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Ok I will try to go step by step. Bring up WLM. At the top left there is tools, click on tools and you will see accounts, click on accounts in accounts you will see your email account. On the top of the email accounts there are tabs. Click on each tab and put in the information that was given to us by fireberd. Thats it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2009   #7

Windows
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Ok I will try to go step by step. Bring up WLM. At the top left there is tools, click on tools and you will see accounts, click on accounts in accounts you will see your email account. On the top of the email accounts there are tabs. Click on each tab and put in the information that was given to us by fireberd. Thats it.
Ok, for some reason there is no toolbar at the top of my WLM window, besides the tools used to Send, Reply, Forward, etc emails. Why is this? I uninstaled WLM and reinstalled it, but still no toolbar with options such as File, Tools, etc. Sorry for my inability to do anything haha, I just dont know whats going on
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2009   #8

Windows XP & 7
 
 

This on a desktop? Reason I ask I had this problem this last week with COX.net, but wasn't using a wireless hooked to the lines. sbcyahoo.com cause the same error for me. Then I felt like a dummy

Now use gmail and have my POP3 account send and receive there
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2009   #9

Windows
 
 

I'm on a laptop, there is no toolbar for File, Tools, etc. I dont know why. But theres a Add New Account button under my mail folders, so I just added an account using the info fireberd gave me and deleted the previous account.

This issue is resolved! Thank you fireberd and richc46!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Dec 2009   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mattkelly View Post
I'm on a laptop, there is no toolbar for File, Tools, etc. I dont know why. But theres a Add New Account button under my mail folders, so I just added an account using the info fireberd gave me and deleted the previous account.

This issue is resolved! Thank you fireberd and richc46!
You are very welcome.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Cannot send email with Windows Live Mail




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Cannot send email with Windows Live Mail
Thread Forum
I Can't Send Email in Windows Live Mail 2011 Browsers & Mail
Windows Live Mail won't send email to categories Browsers & Mail
Send To Email not working for WORD and Live Mail Microsoft Office
Live mail, can't send email Browsers & Mail
send email in live mail direct from word 2007 doc Browsers & Mail
Send an email w/ WINDOWS LIVE MAIL but disable FWD... Browsers & Mail
Cant send email using windows live mail Browsers & Mail

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33