Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Anyone with IE crashes randomly

29 Dec 2009   #1

windows 7 professional 64
 
 
Anyone with IE crashes randomly

I thought it was just my computer with random ie crashes but if you want a real eye opener go over to look at whats your reliability index and start looking at the logs. Id say Microsoft and us have a problem here. Even some of the big boys here have a problem, so if these guys have a problem then what about the lower ranks. Would someone let Microsoft know so that something can be done.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Dec 2009   #2

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Hello,

Do you have a problem we can help you with? Few people walk away from these forums without an answer.

~Jonathan
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #3

Windows 7 Profession 64-bit
 
 

Yeah, this is just MS bashing for bashing sake. The vast majority (and that's 100s of millions) of IE users are using IE with no problems at all. And I note the vast majority of problems associated with IE are actually caused by misbehaving or conflicting add-ons and plug-ins, or connectivity/network issues, and not IE itself.

Quote:
Even some of the big boys here have a problem
Well of course. Folks don't come here when all is well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Dec 2009   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
Yeah, this is just MS bashing for bashing sake. The vast majority (and that's 100s of millions) of IE users are using IE with no problems at all. And I note the vast majority of problems associated with IE are actually caused by misbehaving or conflicting add-ons and plug-ins, or connectivity/network issues, and not IE itself.

Quote:
Even some of the big boys here have a problem
Well of course. Folks don't come here when all is well.
I agree 100%. I think the OS is great. Anyone with big problems is probably using a corrupted OS, and should try to repair.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #5

Windows 7 Profession 64-bit
 
 

Quote:
I agree 100%. I think the OS is great. Anyone with big problems is probably using a corrupted OS, and should try to repair.
While I agree that Windows 7 is great, the OP was talking about Internet Explorer - what version, however, is anyone's guess.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #6

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
Quote:
I agree 100%. I think the OS is great. Anyone with big problems is probably using a corrupted OS, and should try to repair.
While I agree that Windows 7 is great, the OP was talking about Internet Explorer - what version, however, is anyone's guess.
Fortunately, I also feel the IE is the best in conjunction with Win 7. I have tried others and I plan to stay with what I have.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #7

Windows 7 Profession 64-bit
 
 

Yup, me too. I use IE8 on all my systems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #8

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
Yup, me too. I use IE8 on all my systems.
The only time that I used FF, was toward the end of life for Windows 98. IE became very slow.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #9

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Here's my take on the browser issue. Notice my avatar, but I am not a die-hard fan like some I know...

IE8: fast, compatible
FF: decently fast, customizable, more compatible than Chrome. Customizability contributes to slowness.
Chrome: Very fast, lightweight, not much overhead. Not compatible with some sites.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Dec 2009   #10

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
Here's my take on the browser issue. Notice my avatar, but I am not a die-hard fan like some I know...

IE8: fast, compatible
FF: decently fast, customizable, more compatible than Chrome. Customizability contributes to slowness.
Chrome: Very fast, lightweight, not much overhead. Not compatible with some sites.
I would try chrome, heard only great things, but even as you mentioned, not compatible with all sites.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Anyone with IE crashes randomly




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Anyone with IE crashes randomly
Thread Forum
BSOD randomly crashes BSOD Help and Support
PC randomly crashes when gaming? BSOD Help and Support
Explorer crashes randomly General Discussion
IE9 Crashes randomly during browsing. Browsers & Mail
Randomly Computer Crashes. BSOD Help and Support
Game crashes randomly after 10-20 min. Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33