|17 Jan 2010||#1|
| || |
E-mail security : e-mail exemple
There are many thing on the internet. Some people will try to scam you onto links where you get viruses or, some will simply try to hack in by inviting to "verify" your information. Here is an exemple and why it is fake.
1. Flagrant : Windows Live Inc?!? I thought it was Microsoft that was rolling Hotmail/Windows Live...
2. email@example.com OF COURSE Microsoft is based in Germany! /sarcasm
3. Sent to me by Hotmail? i thought it was Windows Live Hotmail.
4. Why do they include my e-mail in the subject line?
5. Recent change in my account info? And what if I didn't change anything in months?
6. In the link, we can see "login_verify2". That alone... justify the need to question ourselves...
7. Microsft will NEVER ask you to verify personnal information such a password and phone number.
8. How can they tell I didn't enter correct info on sign-up? By the way I had my account for YEARS.
9. Microsoft will NEVER interrupt the service they offer to their users. They will only if they can prove that the e-mail has been used for bad things (phishing, scam e-mail like that)
So, what to do when you get this? Set as Spam e-mail and delete. Complety disregard. Do like it never existed and don't worry : your e-mail won't be deleted or suspended.
P.S to gurus : Can I forward this e-mail to Microsoft or something? I wish that this scam disappears from the web...
Figured it out... forwarded to antiphishing.org
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: E-mail security : e-mail exemple|
|windows 7 32bit live mail with time warner wi rr/ sending e-mail||Browsers & Mail|
|Can no longer send e-mail with Windows Live Mail, error 0x800ccc78||Browsers & Mail|
|Facebook e-mail mess: Address books altered; e-mail lost||News|
|E-mail security compromised?||Browsers & Mail|
|Windows Live Mail and Security||System Security|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.