Ok, after your message, I looked into it a bit further for you.
Here are some instructions from the Google Help page. Because you are messing with windows registry, be careful if you choose to proceed. Don't follow these steps until you have read it carefully or wait until you can get someone you know can help you.
From here Google Update Error 0x8004071c : Installation issues - Google Chrome Help Google Update Error 0x8004071c Issue
Your computer is currently in Windows Audit Mode and is conflicting with the installation of Google Chrome. Solution
Take your computer out of Audit Mode. Follow the steps listed below.
These steps involve making changes to the Windows registry on your computer. Editing the Windows registry is an advanced process, so you might want to contact your system administrator for help.
- Go to the Start menu > Run.
- Enter the following in the text box: regedit
- Click OK.
- Find and right-click the relevant registry key for your operating system:
- Windows XP: AuditInProgress in HKLM\System\Setup
- Windows Vista: ImageState in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\State
- Windows 7: ImageState in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\State
- Select Modify.
- Delete the value.
- Click OK.