Try to reset IE8 to it's original default settings and see if that solves your problem.
This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed.
Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons in the future, they must be reinstalled.
Alternatively use the Manage Add-ons tool in Internet Explorer to individually disable each add-on to determine which add-on is causing errors. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer 8.
- Click Tools, and then click Manage Add-ons.
- On the Show drop-down menu, select All add-ons to display all add-ons that are installed on the computer.
- For each item in this list, select the add-on, and then click Disable in the Information window.
- When you have disabled all the items in this list, click OK.
- Exit and then restart Internet Explorer.
- If issues do not reoccur, repeat steps 1 through 3.
- Click Enable for a single add-on.
- Repeat steps 6 through 8 until you determine which add-on causes errors to occur.
Give the above a try and see if that helps.