Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Email notification from this website

31 Jan 2010   #1
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 
Email notification from this website

Hello. I used to get loads of emails from Seven Forums, regaring my subscriptions. So, one of the senior members told me to go to options, and disable that, by setting "no email notifications" in the options menu. Now, however, they still come. Not as much as it used to, but still. Am i doing something wrong?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
31 Jan 2010   #2
richc46

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 10, Home Clean Install
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Hello. I used to get loads of emails from Seven Forums, regaring my subscriptions. So, one of the senior members told me to go to options, and disable that, by setting "no email notifications" in the options menu. Now, however, they still come. Not as much as it used to, but still. Am i doing something wrong?
Hi Cool

When you have it set to send notificatiions, you receive them. When you change the settings it is for future posts. The older ones are still set to notify.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2010   #3
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hello Coolness,

Yep, that is only for new posts and threads. In your User CP, you will need to click on the View all Subscribed Threads link to see all of your old subscriptions, then select (check) and delete the ones you no longer want to receive reply email notifications for.

-link.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Jan 2010   #4
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Hello Coolness,

Yep, that is only for new posts and threads. In your User CP, you will need to click on the View all Subscribed Threads link to see all of your old subscriptions, then select (check) and delete the ones you no longer want to receive reply email notifications for.

Attachment 51232
Aaah, thats why there were less of them! Ok thanks both of ya!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jan 2010   #5
Cov

Windos 7 x64
 
 

Interesting, and good to know.

When I read the name of this thread, I thought it's about getting some kind of visual / acustic signal, when personal mail has arrived.

Well, would anyone know if there was a gadget for example, that gives notification ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Feb 2010   #6
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Cov View Post
Interesting, and good to know.

When I read the name of this thread, I thought it's about getting some kind of visual / acustic signal, when personal mail has arrived.

Well, would anyone know if there was a gadget for example, that gives notification ?
Well personal messages bounce right up. Thats pretty noticable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Email notification from this website




Thread Tools






Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Not getting all of my email notification when getting replies
I'm not always getting email notification's when someone replies to a tread on this forum. Was working fine yesterday. Anyone have this problem?
Chillout Room
Email Notification Software?
Hi Would anybody know of a free program that would alert me to when i receive an email? Email is Gmail based account using Windows Live Mail. Thanks
Browsers & Mail
Email Notification
I lost the Email notification popup and can't find how to activate it again. Please advise Thanks
Browsers & Mail
Email Notification Program
Hello Friends Can someone point me to something equivalent of Notify 2.1 for Windows 7. I've been searching for hours, and found nothing good. I plan on using it Gmail mostly. Any help would be great.
Browsers & Mail
Instant email notification
Under Default Subscription Mode: I have chosen Instant notification. But I'm not getting any emails when people reply to my posts. Why?
Chillout Room
Opening email from website
Hi, Could someone please advice. If I click on a email link(s) that are in websites I get 1 an error and then messsage about not enough permission(s). (see Attachments) Any Help appriciated Sorry, I am running office 2010
Microsoft Office


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:13.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App