Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Windows Mail in Windows 7 Ultimate - for dummies

02 Feb 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Windows Mail in Windows 7 Ultimate - for dummies

I have installed Windows 7 on a friends computer. He is used to using Windows Mail. He could not remember the informations udes for setting up the email-account i Windows Mail, so we exported them to a file, as the program can do.
But Windows Mail is not included in Windows 7 Ultimate - I can find a folder named Windows Mail including a file called winmail.exe.mui but I can not open it.

Is there any way I can opden the file and acces Windows Mail ? Or is there a way to open the exported file ( called OEACCOUNT-file) containing the informations necessary to set up at new mail account?

I do not hae acces to Vista

Ive tried to Google it, but it did not help me much.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Feb 2010   #2

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

I think that if you download windows live mail (windows live essentials) you can export the information to that mail client.


http://download.live.com/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

I have downloaded that, but cannot find a way to import the information - I can only setup a new account using emailadress and password - which I do not have
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Feb 2010   #4

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Esseline View Post
I have downloaded that, but cannot find a way to import the information - I can only setup a new account using emailadress and password - which I do not have
Try going to the top of the mail client, file. Once there, use the import command. Let me know if that works.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

I can only import mails, but not the account...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2010   #6

windows
 
 

i set up win mail for a friend of mine on my system while he was was waiting for a new psu. i found out very quickly that win mail is a piece of junk. it is so dumbed down from what it was in xp and vista. i finally just uninstalled it and created him a new profile in outlook. go find yourself any other email client other than win mail. save yourself the headache.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2010   #7

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

What you have to do, is set up the new email client and then import the mail. I do not know of a way to transfer the entire account. I will research and get back if I can find a way to solve the password problem
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by monkeys breath View Post
i sewt up win mail for a friend of mine while on my system while he was was waiting for a new psu. win mail is a piece of junk. it is so dumbed down from what it was in xp and vista. i finally just uninstalled it and created him a new profile in outlook. go find yourself any other email client other than win mail. save yourself the headache.
It is not my email, but a friends, he uses it for his firm and need that adress and do not remember the informations used for setting op an account, s that is not possible
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2010   #9

windows
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Esseline View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by monkeys breath View Post
i sewt up win mail for a friend of mine while on my system while he was was waiting for a new psu. win mail is a piece of junk. it is so dumbed down from what it was in xp and vista. i finally just uninstalled it and created him a new profile in outlook. go find yourself any other email client other than win mail. save yourself the headache.
It is not my email, but a friends, he uses it for his firm and need that adress and do not remember the informations used for setting op an account, s that is not possible
what email client was he using in the first place. if it was for a business then most likely it was outlook. if that is the case the download the office 2010 beta and open/ import the profile in it.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010...s/default.aspx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Feb 2010   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
What you have to do, is set up the new email client and then import the mail. I do not know of a way to transfer the entire account. I will research and get back if I can find a way to solve the password problem


I found a way to import it, so now I can send mails from it. But I can not see the mails that I have imported from the old program. The "Imported folder" is empty...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows Mail in Windows 7 Ultimate - for dummies





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33