|10 Feb 2010||#1|
| || |
Download Firefox 3.7 Alpha 1 Candidate.
Download Firefox 3.7 Alpha 1 Candidate
The Mozilla Developer Preview of Gecko 1.9.3 Alpha 1
With Firefox 3.6 Final made available for download in the second half of January 2010, Mozilla has moved onward and is offering a taste of the evolution of its open source browser. And ‘a taste’ is just the way to describe the pre-Alpha version of Firefox 3.7 that is currently up for grabs for early adopters via the company’s FTP servers. In fact, Mozilla is offering the Candidate build of a developer release of Firefox 3.7, and not the full Alpha version. Testers are essentially downloading and running the Mozilla Developer Preview of Gecko 1.9.3 Alpha 1 build.
Download Firefox 3.7 Alpha 1 Candidate - The Mozilla Developer Preview of Gecko 1.9.3 Alpha 1 - Softpedia
|My System Specs|
|10 Feb 2010||#2|
| || |
Thanks for the heads up. Although I use Chrome mostly, I still have to use FF for certain sites. It's always nice to see what they have cooking up.
Gecko 1.9.3 Alpha 1 introduces several new features which can be tested by using this Mozilla Developer Preview. Many of these features are still in development, and while they will likely appear in some future version of Mozilla Firefox, some may be in earlier versions than others.
* Support for CSS Transitions. This support is not quite complete: support for animation of transforms and gradients has not yet been implemented.
* Support for SMIL Animation in SVG. Support for animating some SVG attributes is still under development and the animateMotion element isn't supported yet.
* Support for WebGL, which is disabled by default but can be enabled by changing a preference. See this blog post and this blog post for more details.
* Support for the getClientRects and getBoundingClientRect methods on Range objects. See bug 396392 for details.
* Support for the setCapture and releaseCapture methods on DOM elements. See bug 503943 for details.
* Support for the HTML5 History.pushState() and History.replaceState() methods and the popstate event. See bug 500328 for details.
* Support for the -moz-image-rect() value for background-image. See bug 113577 for more details.
We are interested in feedback on any bugs or missing capabilities in these new features.
It also contains several other significant changes:
* On Mac OS X, we render text using Core Text rather than ATSUI.
* We rewrote major parts of the code for handling scrolling. See bug 526394 for details.
* We rewrote the way a snapshot of a document is taken in order to print or print preview. See bug 487667 for details.
* We made significant changes to table border handling. See bug 452319 and bug 43178 for details.
* We made various architectural changes to improve Web page performance.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Download Firefox 3.7 Alpha 1 Candidate.|
|FireFox 3.7 Alpha||Browsers & Mail|
|Download Firefox 3.7 Alpha 4||Browsers & Mail|
|Firefox 3.7 Alpha 4 Next - Gecko 1.9.3 Alpha 4.||Browsers & Mail|
|Firefox 3.7 Alpha 3 Preview Available.||Browsers & Mail|
|Firefox 3.7 Alpha 2 Download a Taste.||Browsers & Mail|
|Firefox 3.6 Alpha 1 review||Browsers & Mail|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:40 AM.