I decided to edit this and add another problem I've been having but this time I'm not sure if it's because of Windows 7 or IE8 because it also involves my ISP which changed a few days after buying this new computer.
I'm wondering if my problem is related to the favicon changing and fixing it by clearing out my history files since this other problem isn't present today.
When I first open a browser, I get a pop up window saying "caller id stopped working."
All I have to do is close out the window and I can then use the internet so it's not a big problem, just an annoyance.
This all started when I switched ISP so I thought it was a problem on their end, but now I'm not so sure.
I had some people from my ISP help site helping me and they said I should uninstall the software and reinstall it. That was a problem since I didn't even have it installed on my computer so I figured maybe installing it would solve everything but it didn't.
I then tried to uninstall it and before reinstalling it, it seemed as if the pop up message went away. In fact, I think I went a few days without seeing the message but then it was back until this morning, after cleaning out my history files.
So now I'm wondering if this is all related.
I guess I'll have to see what happens if the message comes back and I try to just clean out my history files but I thought I'd see if anyone here knows something about this.