Just got a New HP 6210y. 6gb ram 640gb drive amd II x4 processor with windows 7 home premium.
Computer works fine, except when I try to browse the internet IT runs SLOW. Literally as slow if not slower than dial up. My other pc's (XP) on the network work just fine on the net. I have spent 4 or 5 hours trying to resolve this. I even restored the pc to the original manufacted setting and did a full restore with HP software.
I can copy files from another pc on my network to the win 7 pc just fine.
I have tried all of these things to no avail.
- I've disabled IPv6.
- I've run netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled and got the OK back from the Command Prompt.
- Updated to the latest drivers for my Nvidia Integrated NIC
- disabled TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4)
- booted to safe mode test browsing still SLOOOOOOOOW
- downloaded Files via Filezilla FTP that worked fine.. I know it is a different protocal than a browser, just checking.
OK OK I figured something out, If I disable windows firewall it works!!
This pc is going to my mom's and she doesn't have the greats hardware firewall at her house. What settings can I change in firewall and not leave the firewall off??