Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Outlook 2007 HANGS Windows 7 completely


18 Jun 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
Outlook 2007 HANGS Windows 7 completely

I have been using Windows 7 for a long time and only recently, after some updates from Microsoft, has my machine been hanging . It seems that the only time it hangs is when Outlook 2007 is running. I have the send/rcv set to 3 minutes and i use about a dozen accounts that are either pop3 or IMAP.
All the PSTs check out OK.

Upon hanging, the machine is "frozen", and does not update the clock, react to the keyboard, etc. As this problem has occurred many times this week, I have tried leaving the machine for hours to see if it would recover, it does not. There are no powersaver options on. All hardware passes diagnostics, as I checked that something might be weird or dying but everything looks good. Only the outlook behavior is bad. This problem ONLY occurs when outlook is running.

The last two messages that occurred in the event log (tonight) at the times the PC locked up are:
(first hang)
The winlogon notification subscriber <Sens> was unavailable to handle a notification event.
and
(second hang)
The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

I am running an older ASUS Pentium P5GD1 Motherboard with 4 GB memory and Windows 7 Pro.

It is VERY impractical not to run Outlook. How can I fix this problem so that I don't have to A) look for an outlook alternative. and B) don't have to run outlook under VMWARE or something that won't crash the rest of my machine.
I am going to download an eval copy of VMWARE to experiment if the virtual OS hangs without hanging the rest of my computer.

Meanwhile, WTF is with outlook?!

Help!? Thanks in advance.






My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Jun 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
I have been using Windows 7 for a long time and only recently, after some updates from Microsoft, has my machine been hanging . It seems that the only time it hangs is when Outlook 2007 is running. I have the send/rcv set to 3 minutes and i use about a dozen accounts that are either pop3 or IMAP.
All the PSTs check out OK.

Upon hanging, the machine is "frozen", and does not update the clock, react to the keyboard, etc. As this problem has occurred many times this week, I have tried leaving the machine for hours to see if it would recover, it does not. There are no powersaver options on. All hardware passes diagnostics, as I checked that something might be weird or dying but everything looks good. Only the outlook behavior is bad. This problem ONLY occurs when outlook is running.

The last two messages that occurred in the event log (tonight) at the times the PC locked up are:
(first hang)
The winlogon notification subscriber <Sens> was unavailable to handle a notification event.
and
(second hang)
The winlogon notification subscriber <GPClient> was unavailable to handle a notification event.

I am running an older ASUS Pentium P5GD1 Motherboard with 4 GB memory and Windows 7 Pro.

It is VERY impractical not to run Outlook. How can I fix this problem so that I don't have to A) look for an outlook alternative. and B) don't have to run outlook under VMWARE or something that won't crash the rest of my machine.
I am going to download an eval copy of VMWARE to experiment if the virtual OS hangs without hanging the rest of my computer.

Meanwhile, WTF is with outlook?!

Help!? Thanks in advance.


Ah, the kernel hook virus checker again. Uninstall what you're using (completely) and install MSSE -- http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2010   #3

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
Ah, the kernel hook virus checker again. Uninstall what you're using (completely) and install MSSE -- http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
After following that advice and using the system about a day I was getting ready to declare victory but have had several more crashes, not always running Outlook.

The common thing occuring in any event log at the time of the crash seems to be:

Compatibility fix applied to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.
Fix information: EnableNXShowUI, {4225494b-e222-402a-999b-deb3cb535d4b}, 0x40102.

I tried Binging and Googling this but came up pretty empty.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


21 Jun 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
Ah, the kernel hook virus checker again. Uninstall what you're using (completely) and install MSSE -- http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
After following that advice and using the system about a day I was getting ready to declare victory but have had several more crashes, not always running Outlook.

The common thing occuring in any event log at the time of the crash seems to be:

Compatibility fix applied to C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.
Fix information: EnableNXShowUI, {4225494b-e222-402a-999b-deb3cb535d4b}, 0x40102.

I tried Binging and Googling this but came up pretty empty.
Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
Value Name: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
Value Type: REG_SZ
Value: EnableNXShowUI

Remove the Value entirely. iexplore.exe crashed once due to a bad add-on and now windows is pretending it's an incompatible app and turning on Data Execution Prevention checking which is causing the crash. You can post the minidump to make sure otherwise nuke that value.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Outlook 2007 HANGS Windows 7 completely




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Outlook 2007 HANGS Windows 7 completely
Thread Forum
Outlook 2007 hangs when you select message Microsoft Office
Help! Copy Outlook Express data to Outlook 2007 on windows 7 Microsoft Office
Outlook 2007 hangs on sending html emails in Windows 7 Browsers & Mail
Outlook 2007, Exchange 2007, S/MIME and Winmail.dat Microsoft Office
asus 1201N completely hangs BSOD Help and Support
Export Outlook Express XP into Outlook 2007 Windows 7? Browsers & Mail
Windows 7 and OutLook 2007 Microsoft Office

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33