Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: White Screen....

02 Jul 2010   #1
bartlett

windows 7
 
 
White Screen....

This is strange and I am not very computer literate but radomly my internet browser and other files like games get a white screen. Let me give you a few example, I was on the BBC News site and it had an audio file on, my screen went white and crashed the IE/Firefox/chrome. I opened a game installer and it went white screen, you tube seems to be fine but other videos go white screen and eventually crash the program.

After the crash, a program pops up to try resolve the issue but it never does. What is this problem, I am sorry if this question has been asked before and I would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to post.

--- Additional Information ---

Java is installed
Flash is installed
OS = Win 7
No viruses


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Jul 2010   #2
OEM

OS3.5
 
 

The white screen represents that the window/application has stopped responding. The cause would be the tricky part of solving. Try slowly, keeping the least amount of windows open when trying to duplicate this problem. Keep track of the time and what your clicking on and if possible what background programs are doing at the time your windows goes white (stops responding). You also can take a look at your event viewer for clues. Go to start Orb, Type Event viewer open click on Windows Logs to expand and look at System, and Application as a start. See whats happening at the time these windows stop responding.

Good Luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2010   #3
OEM

OS3.5
 
 

Also, Check for updates to adobe flash player.

Here's the link to tell you what version you have and which is the latest available.

Version Test for Adobe Flash Player

Scroll down on that page to show the latest version.

If your version needs updating look to the top of that page for downloads / dropdown and chose flashplayer.

Flashplayer has a lot to do with video and media in general on the web.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Jul 2010   #4
roncerr

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

Sometimes the processor is just too busy to respond. If it doesn't recover on it's own you may have to repeatedly try to close the window or ctrl-alt-del to task manager and end the process with the same name as the program you're using. I've found that sometimes just doing the ctrl-alt-del, getting the menu screen, and choosing "cancel" will recover things. Try not to run too many programs at once and use msconfig to reduce background processes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2010   #5
Greg S

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by OEM View Post
Also, Check for updates to adobe flash player.

Here's the link to tell you what version you have and which is the latest available.

Version Test for Adobe Flash Player

Scroll down on that page to show the latest version.

If your version needs updating look to the top of that page for downloads / dropdown and chose flashplayer.

Flashplayer has a lot to do with video and media in general on the web.
Don't understand, that page says I have WIN 10,1,53,64 but the table shows the latest being 10.0.45.2. What have I done wrong? I must have installed the wrong version somehow.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2010   #6
OEM

OS3.5
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by OEM View Post
Also, Check for updates to adobe flash player.

Here's the link to tell you what version you have and which is the latest available.

Version Test for Adobe Flash Player

Scroll down on that page to show the latest version.

If your version needs updating look to the top of that page for downloads / dropdown and chose flashplayer.

Flashplayer has a lot to do with video and media in general on the web.
Don't understand, that page says I have WIN 10,1,53,64 but the table shows the latest being 10.0.45.2. What have I done wrong? I must have installed the wrong version somehow.
Yea, not sure about why adobe hasn't corrected that, but you are running the latest version. It might be that 10.1.53.64 is still being tested and has made a lab monkey out of us as I'm running that version as well. Its hard to say if this new version is the culprit, b/c I have had some programs stop responding as well since running this flash version. It was only with one program and its windows.

Not sure what else to tell ya at this point, have you viewed the event viewer for clues? As another member pointed out, view your start up programs and see if you have any unknown or just too many. You may ask what does startup have to do with shutting down, but keep this in mind, ...what is running must also be shut down / stopped when you do a restart or shut down.

If you can post a screen shot of msconfig, startup so we can see what all is running in the background on your PC. It only takes one rouge program to cause slow shut downs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #7
roncerr

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
Don't understand, that page says I have WIN 10,1,53,64 but the table shows the latest being 10.0.45.2. What have I done wrong? I must have installed the wrong version somehow.
Try this link instead: Adobe - Flash Player
The table in the other link is wrong.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jul 2010   #8
OEM

OS3.5
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by roncerr View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Greg S View Post
Don't understand, that page says I have WIN 10,1,53,64 but the table shows the latest being 10.0.45.2. What have I done wrong? I must have installed the wrong version somehow.
Try this link instead: Adobe - Flash Player
The table in the other link is wrong.
Old Favorites link changed to this page.

Thnx for Posting, -OEM
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 White Screen....




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
White Screen
Hi, I just started having this white screen issue today. It seems that my laptop have a permanent white screen, the moment I pressed the ON button. I can still adjust my screen lighting, and couldn't try the rest since I can't seen anything on my screen. I've searched on net, and mostly referred...
General Discussion
White screen
Help, I have a password protect on my computer and after I log in the only thing I get on my screen is a white display. I can not get my desk top until I go to logoff and it flashes just before it shuts down. I just had my video card replace less than a month ago. Can anyone help me? I don't...
System Security
Why am I having white screen?
My HP laptop does boot but a white screen shows up. After a while the screen gradually turns black and some blue and green vertical lines shows up. I know something is wrong with the graphic card but I had the same issue with my acer laptop 2 months. Why the laptops am I using keep getting damaged...
Graphic Cards
White Screen Crash?
Hey, I've had an Acer Aspire X3200 running Windows 7 since xmas and every now and again the screen will go white, all sound will stop but the computer itself stays on. I've tried unplug the monitor and plugging it back in but it just comes up white still. I've got a NVIDIA Geforce 9200...
BSOD Help and Support
White Screen!!
It's happened to me 3 times in a couple of weeks. Browsing, Firefox 3.5, the whole screen goes translucent white, you can see what you were doing through it but can't do a thing about it. I hide my taskbar, that rises to the occasion but none of the shortcuts work. They all recognise the cursor,...
BSOD Help and Support
White screen
Hello, I purchased 2 oem copies of w7 and installed them both on seperate pcs, one was an upgrade and the other was a clean install. After 2 days the clean install was giving me white screen every 5 minutes or so and now after about 5 days the upgrade is now doing the same thing. Does anyone know...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:06.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App