Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Website not loading

03 Jul 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 
Website not loading

i cant go on the website Google this message come up from firefox and it veries on different web browsers (ive tried all):

**********
Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at Google.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

**********


I've tried all above and that same message keeps popping up


Help Thanks Jack.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Jul 2010   #2

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

But you can go to any other web site?

Maybe your host file has been modified incorrectly?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2010   #3

 

Are you able to ping google and any one it's server IP addresses?

Are you behind any software/hardware firewall?

Are you behind any proxy?

To check your host file, navigate to windows/system32/drivers/etc

there should be no other entries other than 127.0.0.1 localhost
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Jul 2010   #4

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

You can also flush your dns cache

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by WindowsStar View Post
But you can go to any other web site?

Maybe your host file has been modified incorrectly?

yes I can go to any other website and I've tried PDF
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2010   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Are you able to ping google and any one it's server IP addresses?

Are you behind any software/hardware firewall?

Are you behind any proxy?

To check your host file, navigate to windows/system32/drivers/etc

there should be no other entries other than 127.0.0.1 localhost
should I delete all and create a file or what do I do?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2010   #7

 

This is how your hosts file should look..if not infected..

Quote:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2010   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
This is how your hosts file should look..if not infected..

Quote:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

Where do i find that info from?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2010   #9

 

To check your host file, navigate to windows/system32/drivers/etc
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Jul 2010   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
This is how your hosts file should look..if not infected..

Quote:
# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost


Ok I got these

*****
##Hosts file edit
127.0.0.1 www.runescape.com
127.0.0.1 runescape.com
127.0.0.1 213.146.191.50
127.0.0.1 www.rsbot.org
127.0.0.1 rsbot.org
127.0.0.1 www.runehq.com
127.0.0.1 runehq.com
127.0.0.1 www.jagex.com
127.0.0.1 jagex.com
127.0.0.1 www.hackforums.net
127.0.0.1 hackforums.net

127.0.0.1 google.com
127.0.0.1 www.google.uk
127.0.0.1 google.uk
127.0.0.1 www.google.us
127.0.0.1 google.us
127.0.0.1 www.google.nl
127.0.0.1 google.nl
127.0.0.1 www.google.fr
127.0.0.1 google.fr


*****
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Website not loading




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33