Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.

Windows 7: 32 bit and 64 bit IE 8

22 Jul 2010   #11

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit

click the caution sign. I think its red in the default layout of the site. Write "solved" and send it. I already took care of it for you.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Jul 2010   #12

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1

hmmmm i use both versions of I/e too but i pinned both versions together from the start just to play with them but in anycase that was a pretty simple solution given so please rep the person who helped you thanks
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Jul 2010   #13

Windows 8 Pro w/MC 32-bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Petey7 View Post
roncerr, both versions come preinstalled. If you don't see both, you can turn them on in programs and features...
I'm using a 32-bit machine and can see all websites. Wouldn't an alternate solution be to either turn off or never use the 64-bit browser?
My System SpecsSystem Spec

23 Jul 2010   #14

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit

He could have if that is what he wanted to do. In a 64bit OS, the 64bit version of the browser will run faster and smoother, and many websites will load faster. The only problem is the coding for some websites aren't 64bit friendly. Since he wanted to use the 64bit browser for 90% of websites and the 32bit version for the other 10% that aren't 64bit friendly, this was the best option. By default, the 32bit version is the default web browser, so that was not the issue in case that is what you were thinking. For his specific needs, the solution we reached was the best. For others, a different solution, like the one you suggest, may be better. It all depends on the person.
My System SpecsSystem Spec

 32 bit and 64 bit IE 8

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:13.

Twitter Facebook Google+

Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App