I am having trouble with a recently self-assembled PC running Windows 7 Home Prem 64bit. Components are a Core i5 750 on an ASRock H55, with a XfX Radeon HD 5750, I believe. (I don't have physical access to the machine right now to double check).
The booting problems are similar to the problems described here: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ads-twice.html
However this restarting can occur multiple times, before Windows successfully boots. When it is running Blue Screens sometimes occur. Dump files of crashes can be found here: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
It appears as though after Windows has booted once it can be rebooted without failure, and the boot problems only reappear after the PC has been inactive for serveral hours or even up to a day.
Changes I have tried so far are as follows:
- Installed Gfx Card into proper PCI-E 16x Slot as opposed to secondary 2x Slot it was installed in.
- As suggested in the other thread I have looked through the BIOS settings and changed the "Primary Graphics Adapter" Setting from "PCI" to "PCI Express".
- I also changed the RAM Timings up from the default motherboard settings to the speeds specified by the RAM Manufacturer (G.Skill RipJaws 2x 2GB, from CL6 up to CL9).
If there are any other non-obvious settings to check for, pointers would be welcome.
- I have run memtest86+ for 7+ passes, even before slowing down the timings, and no Errors were found.
- I have run sfc /scannow and no errors were found or attempted to be repaired.
- I also installed new drivers
for Motherboard, Sound, Lan, etc. and Graphics (this was by the end of August when I last had the chance to work at the PC, which is also when the dump files are from.)
If there are newer dump files I hope to receive them soon, and will put them online as soon as I can.
Thank you for any suggestions and advice you may have
EDIT: Formatting got completely mangled after posting, I'll try to fix that.
EDIT 2: Fixed formatting, woo.