I can understand your dislike.
Since your "contaminated", recommend the following which has never failed me:
ANTI-VIRUS - VIRUS and MALWARE REMOVAL / PROTECTION
1. Download MalwareBytes. Malwarebytes Malwarebytes
2. Disconnect from the Internet.
3. Disable your present antivirus software and firewall.
4. Remove your present antivirus software and firewall.
5. Install and run the MalwareBytes Quick Scan (remove any bad guys). 3min 29secs on my laptop.
6. Reconnect to Internet.
7. Update MalwareBytes.
8. Run malwarebytes quick scan again.(remove any bad guys). 3min 38secs on my laptop.
9. Run MalwareBytes full scan. 16min 8secs on my laptop. With large,full disk ~2hours.
A. Disable your present antivirus software and firewall
B. Remove your present antivirus software
C. Download Microsoft Security Essentials. http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/
D. Run Microsoft Security Essentials. Quick Scan - ~8 min on my laptop.
E. Run Microsoft Security Essentials. Full Scan - ~ 1hr 50 min on my laptop.
Now I advise you to uninstall MalwareBytes and only install again when and if you need it.
Why?, you ask. Leaving MalwareBytes installed slowed my system. AutoRuns showed MalwareBytes processes running even after exiting from MalwareBytes.
And don't you EVER remove/replace/add another av/spyware program.
One quality prophylactic is sufficient. More than one is overkill and counter-productive.
Now you run that UAC slider all of the way to the top. I know that those cursed msgs to approve running a program that you installed on you own computer are irritating a royal pain in the posterior but until Microsoft realizes how hated those things are, we're stuck with them.