Quote: Originally Posted by ElJefe
I have had this problem for a while. My computer would restart at random intervals and regardless of whether I was using it for heavy or low load jobs, and regardless of the type of job it was doing. I had Windows 7 32-bit and I did a clean install with Windows 7 64-bit. The problem persists. I checked the event viewer and it shows an Event ID 41 (Kernel-power)--I think it's important.
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model GA-MA770-DS3
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F7, 1/5/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.49 GB
Total Virtual Memory 6.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.51 GB
Page File Space 3.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Is Windows 7 . . .
- the original installed OS on the system? Didn't come with software pre-installed.
- an OEM or full retail version?
- What is the age of system (hardware)? About 1.5 years
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?)
Did a clean Windows 7 x64 install.
Thank you for your time.
No DMP file included in upload
If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the appropriate section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.