Ok I will try to explain this the best I can. What Happened?
I was playing Bad Company 2 and decided it was time to log out for the night and cook some dinner. The second I clicked the x button I got a blue screen. The Problem?
- My sound no longer works. I get no audio devices are installed.
- My cmd.exe located in the system32 folder no longer works. Tells me it is no a valid win32 win64 application.
- My device manager can launch but I cannot click or right click in it except to close it. What did I try?
- First thing is first I opened cmd.exe in the syswow64 directory. I ran sfc /scannow and it said Windows Resource Protection could not run the program.
- Tried system restore to a few days earlier and it says it couldn't because some files were corrupt
- Ran virus scan and malwarebytes successfully not finding any problems.
- Ran sfc /scannow /offbootdir=d:\ /offwindir=d:\windows in Recover Console and through the repair my computer on the windows 7 disc. Both say they fixed some files but couldn't fix all and to check my cbs file. Well cbs file has no entries with [SR] or anything saying what couldn't be fixed.
- Tried chkdsk and I cant remember what it could or couldn't do. Conclusion
I need help from people who speak clear English and give me solutions that will work. The people over at Microsoft Social Answers are as helpful as putting nails through my hands. Minidump Windows Live SkyDrive
- I didn't see anything recent for the crash.