Primarily I look at:
Most often the last 2 will give clues as to what's going wrong inside the OS.
It's not 100% reliable, but we can always force dump files with the crashing process using one of H2SO4's posts.
From MSINFO32, the MOH crashes blame igdumd32.dll - which is a LDDM User Mode Driver
for Intel(R) Graphics Technology. This raises 2 questions:
- is the graphics card on your laptop certified for use with these games?
- have you updated your graphics drivers
from the Intel Download Center recently (NOT
the HP website)? Most of the graphics files on your system date from Feb 2010.
I would suggest:
- downloading fresh graphics drivers from http://downloadcenter.intel.com
- uninstalling the current graphics drivers from your system
- installing the freshly downloaded drivers
- test to see if that fixes the crashes during the games (presuming that the games are certified with your graphics card).
Also update the network drivers as Jonathan_King has also suggested.
If that doesn't fix it, then I'd suggest the following (just a hunch on my part):
- uninstall Macromedia Flash as it is causing some issues on your system.
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the Norton from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of Norton using this free tool: KB Article Not Found
install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the crashes
If this doesn't work, post back and we'll get more aggressive.