Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 BSOD help plz


12 Nov 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Windows 7 BSOD help plz

basically I get home and turn on my comp and can actually boot into windows for a bit but suddenly a bsod suddenly occurs. can boot into safe mode fine there is no problem in there. I am using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and have never got a bsod on my machine before!!!All hardware is fine and have been running win 7 on this machine since i built in june. I couldnt do that permon thingy coz it says the oath counldt be speicfied. plz help mez.














My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Nov 2010   #2

Systems 1 and 2: Windows 7 Enterprise x64, Win 8 Developer
 
 

Welcome to SF, xware.

"This computer cannot play audio because the Windows Audio service is not enabled. Use the Sounds and Devices Properties control panel to enable audio. No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer."

Network driver is old:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\rt64win7.sys (7.2.1125.2008, 183.00 KB (187,392 bytes), 10/06/2009 21:35)


Quote:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000006, fffff80002b0f8e3, fffff8800694d698, fffff8800694cf00}

Probably caused by : hardware_disk
Recommend you go to the mfg of your hard drive, find utility, and run full hd diagnostics.

**EDIT**

sptd.sys
Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2010   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, clean install, upgrade disc
 
 

Test your hard drive and back up your stuff just in case.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Nov 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
Welcome to SF, xware.

"This computer cannot play audio because the Windows Audio service is not enabled. Use the Sounds and Devices Properties control panel to enable audio. No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer."

Network driver is old:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\rt64win7.sys (7.2.1125.2008, 183.00 KB (187,392 bytes), 10/06/2009 21:35)


Quote:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000006, fffff80002b0f8e3, fffff8800694d698, fffff8800694cf00}

Probably caused by : hardware_disk
Recommend you go to the mfg of your hard drive, find utility, and run full hd diagnostics.

**EDIT**

sptd.sys
Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
I did what you said and ran the samsung hd diagnostics, said there was 1 bad sector and that the best course of action would be to erase all data.

tbh i really dont wanna do this but i suppose i have to.
wondering if i should just get a refund from the place where i got hdd (dabs.com) seeing as i payed like50 somethign for it and it costs about 41 now.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2010   #5

Systems 1 and 2: Windows 7 Enterprise x64, Win 8 Developer
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xware View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
Welcome to SF, xware.

"This computer cannot play audio because the Windows Audio service is not enabled. Use the Sounds and Devices Properties control panel to enable audio. No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer."

Network driver is old:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\rt64win7.sys (7.2.1125.2008, 183.00 KB (187,392 bytes), 10/06/2009 21:35)


Quote:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000006, fffff80002b0f8e3, fffff8800694d698, fffff8800694cf00}

Probably caused by : hardware_disk
Recommend you go to the mfg of your hard drive, find utility, and run full hd diagnostics.

**EDIT**

sptd.sys
Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
I did what you said and ran the samsung hd diagnostics, said there was 1 bad sector and that the best course of action would be to erase all data.

tbh i really dont wanna do this but i suppose i have to.
wondering if i should just get a refund from the place where i got hdd (dabs.com) seeing as i payed like50 somethign for it and it costs about 41 now.
How old is the drive? Maybe you could get an RMA and swap it out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xware View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
Welcome to SF, xware.

"This computer cannot play audio because the Windows Audio service is not enabled. Use the Sounds and Devices Properties control panel to enable audio. No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer."

Network driver is old:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\rt64win7.sys (7.2.1125.2008, 183.00 KB (187,392 bytes), 10/06/2009 21:35)


Recommend you go to the mfg of your hard drive, find utility, and run full hd diagnostics.

**EDIT**

sptd.sys
Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
I did what you said and ran the samsung hd diagnostics, said there was 1 bad sector and that the best course of action would be to erase all data.

tbh i really dont wanna do this but i suppose i have to.
wondering if i should just get a refund from the place where i got hdd (dabs.com) seeing as i payed like50 somethign for it and it costs about 41 now.
How old is the drive? Maybe you could get an RMA and swap it out.
drive is only bought around mid june time so like less than 6months. was gonna RMA but powered on machine and it was suddenly working!!
I dunno but i have a strange feeling that kaspersky is causing the problem- dunno why but i have a hunch. still gonna RMa methinks after back my stuff up. Warranty runs out soon sso better now than later... thanks for help by the way +1 rep
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2010   #7

Systems 1 and 2: Windows 7 Enterprise x64, Win 8 Developer
 
 

Glad you have it resolved. Still, I don't think I would trust the drive if it's suddenly developing bad sectors.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 BSOD help plz




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33