|17 Nov 2010||#1|
| || |
BSOD storport.sys in Windows 7 setup
I have a problem when installing Windows 7 x64 Enterprise. I boot from the DVD, the files are copied on my hard drive, then the setup loads and a BSOD appears : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL for file storport.sys.
Here is my PC specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
ASUS P5N32-SLI Deluxe
4 gb DDR2 OCZ
2 x 250 gb HDD SATA stripping
Geforce GTS 450
Here is what I tried :
1. Use a different dvd (Windows 7 x64 Home premium) but same problem.
2. Remove 2 gb of RAM : I don't have the BSOD but the setup loads infinitely
3. Reset the BIOS settings to system defaults
4. Start the setup from OS (Win Vista x64) and start from bootable DVD
5. Delete my stripping arrays and use the HDD normally
Any idea of something new I can try?
Some other infos
- Vista x64 installed- Try to install Windows 7 x64 Enterprise form MSDN web site
- Bough my PC 4-5 years ago
- I have formatted the C drive then reinstalled Vista about 6 months ago
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: BSOD storport.sys in Windows 7 setup|
|Storport BSOD||BSOD Help and Support|
|bsod, driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, information: storport.sys||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Storport.sys||General Discussion|
|Freeze when idle/BSOD while gaming (storport.sys)||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD stop error with storport.sys||BSOD Help and Support|
|BSOD and (storport.sys)||BSOD Help and Support|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.