Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 64 bit BSOD help!!

18 Nov 2010   #1
marcus23988

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 
Windows 7 64 bit BSOD help!!

hey guys im new here i have started to have probelms with the bsod i have had 4 in the past week and its a new computer with windows 7 64 bit installed i carnt find my dump file but i have this info can anyone tell me what is casuing the problem many
thanks



On Thu 11/18/2010 7:57:37 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002C7ADA2)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111810-15896-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.



On Mon 11/15/2010 6:38:30 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002CC4DA2)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111510-18532-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.



On Fri 11/12/2010 11:44:13 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002A8309B)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111210-21387-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.



On Fri 11/12/2010 8:23:46 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002A8409B)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111210-21496-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
18 Nov 2010   #2
James Colbert

 
 

From this article, it appears that you have some hardware issues (perhaps memory). If you are overclocking, that could be the problem. If your computer is new, you should call whoever you bought it from (again, unless, of course, you are overclocking).This should give you some information about the error:

General causes of "STOP 0x0000007F" errors

James
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #3
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by marcus23988 View Post
hey guys im new here i have started to have probelms with the bsod i have had 4 in the past week and its a new computer with windows 7 64 bit installed i carnt find my dump file but i have this info can anyone tell me what is casuing the problem many
thanks



On Thu 11/18/2010 7:57:37 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002C7ADA2)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111810-15896-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.



On Mon 11/15/2010 6:38:30 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002CC4DA2)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111510-18532-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.



On Fri 11/12/2010 11:44:13 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002A8309B)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111210-21387-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.



On Fri 11/12/2010 8:23:46 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF80002A8409B)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111210-21496-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Nov 2010   #4
marcus23988

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

no im not overclocking i dont belive in it lowers the life of the pc.
the software im using is the memory is 1 strip of ddr 2 2gig hope this helps i will also upload the dump files there is 4 files howlong untill you know anymore about it

power iso
zonealarm
eset nod 32 antyvirus 4
superantiy spaware
steam
xfire
firefox
power dvd 10
and a bit more
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #5
James Colbert

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by marcus23988 View Post
no im not overclocking i dont belive in it lowers the life of the pc.
the software im using is the memory is 1 strip of ddr 2 2gig hope this helps i will also upload the dump files there is 4 files howlong untill you know anymore about it

power iso
zonealarm
eset nod 32 antyvirus 4
superantiy spaware
steam
xfire
firefox
power dvd 10
and a bit more

Try uninstalling zonealarm and see if it solves your problem. It's been reported to cause this issue in some cases. If you have trouble uninstalling it, you can use free Revo:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html


James
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #6
marcus23988

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

why is it zonealarm what other free firewalls are there that are good
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #7
James Colbert

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by marcus23988 View Post
why is it zonealarm
I haven't looked into it, but it has been reported to produce these errors. Create a System Restore point, as described here:

System Restore Point - Create

Then you can uninstall ZA, see if your issue is fixed. If not, you can restore your system to the SR restore point you create, as per here:

System Restore


Quote:
what other free firewalls are there that are good
Windows Firewall is more than up to the task, and is included with Win7 and turned on by default, and can be configured to be even moreso. If you feel a need for greater protection, for $50 give or take, you can buy a router that has a built-in hardware firewall. I recommend the BEFSR41. Here is the link:

Amazon.com: Cisco-Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port 10/100 Switch: Electronics

After you uninstall ZA, if it corrects your problem, be sure to verify that Windows Firewall is enabled (see image):

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Firewall


James
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #8
marcus23988

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

ok zonealarm has being removed i will let you knw in 1 day if i have had the bsod again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Nov 2010   #9
James Colbert

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by marcus23988 View Post
ok zonealarm has being removed i will let you knw in 1 day if i have had the bsod again
Be sure to restart your machine after the uninstall. Good luck, let us know.

James
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 64 bit BSOD help!!




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD on Windows Update; BSOD when playing games
NOTE: DM log collector seem to be getting stuck when collecting msinfo32.nfo, so the attached file can be incomplete. Please let me know if it can take longer than 10 minutes to collect this data so i will run the program again. BSOD #1: It started at around January 15th - basically when i shoot...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD using FULL windows 7, no BSOD using safe mode
My computer has been stable for years, however recently I have been getting BSOD when doing any task. Windows will sometimes load to the desktop and I am able to watch video, run windows score, check email, etc before it will BSOD. Other times, it will BSOD before getting to the windows login...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD trying to start Windows, gets to desktop then BSOD, then reboots
Hi guys, I encountered BSOD for the first time. Very annoying. Right now I have to run this on Safe Mode in order to access the internet. I also noticed I can't use Firefox right now, and instead am using iE. I couldn't run the the performance scan report either (time out?), but I did attach the...
BSOD Help and Support
lots of BSOD - Format, Clean windows install - Still same BSOD
Hi, I use a 1.5 year old aces aspire 5738z and I think it just died on me. Here is what happens. Whatever I do it cannot stay without a BSOD for more than 10 minutes. I tried reinstalling drivers and it did not change anything so I tried several things but finally just formated it and installed...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Starting Windows Virtual PC Machines (any machine, always bsod)
Hello All, I've been getting consistent BSODs while trying to start Windows Virtual PC (not Microsoft Virtual PC 2007) machines on my computer. I've tried various driver updates and a bios update and several system restores along the way, but to no avail. In the attached dump files, the last...
BSOD Help and Support
Windows crash (BSOD without BSOD) nVidia
Hello! I have been expiriencing problems with my computer which are as follows: I do my thing on the computer (surf, play etc.) and suddently my screen goes black. It has been doing this for about a week now, and I received my new SSDs recently so I popped them in, put them in RAID-0 and...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:52.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App