I've had nothing but great luck with Windows 7 and my current computer for almost a year.
A couple weeks ago, however, I started getting intermittent, and seemingly random stop screens. There seems to be no pattern to the blue screens; sometimes I'll be gaming or sometimes the computer will be idle when it happens.
In addition to the stop screens, in some applications I have also had errors pop up in programs involving the term 'bad image' and the dbghelp.dll file. I replaced the dbghelp.dll file using the method described here: Debug Help Library (Windows)
Following those instructions and installing the software advised did nothing to fix the problem.
I've also noted that the user interface freezes briefly every so often, and then begins to work again. This happens in various programs like Adobe Photoshop and my amazon s3 browser, but also just on the windows desktop.
Randomly, also, various programs stop working and close.
Here is a link to the dump file info (both large and mini dump files), and a screen shot of the 'bad image' error (sorry for the file size): https://s3.amazonaws.com/only-PC_onl...oubleshoot.rar
I wouldn't consider myself a 'power user' and I don't over clock or do any other enthusiast activities. Other things I've done to try and resolve this problem:
My computer is set up as follows:
- I have removed all items from the startup in msconfig.
- I've removed any and all unnecessary applications.
- I've scanned for viruses using Malware Bytes, AVAST and Microsoft Security Essentials. No viruses have been found.
- I've checked to make sure my computer isn't overheating in any way; it isn't.
- Windows 7 Professional 64bit with ALL latest windows updates
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
- GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
- EVGA GeForce GTS 250 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0
- 4gigs of high performance DDR2 memory, not sure what kind.
- System drive is two 250gig drives in stripe RAID using the motherboard's onboard RAID
Just trying to be as specific as possible.
If you need any further information, let me know and I will provide it.
I'm lost on this. I just want to get back to work... PLEASE HELP