Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Acer Prestige 5630 freeze

08 Dec 2010   #1
3TnT

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 
Acer Prestige 5630 freeze

Hi,

I got a notebook Acer Prestige 5630 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

The problem is that my computer is freezing often. The problem don't come from Win 7 because he was doing the same freezing with XP...

I did all the update possible for Windows and for the driver... I tought the batterie was the problem so i bought a new one but it didn't change nothing...

The computer freeze often when he's cold. The first 2-3 boot freeze... After, i pretty good...

Someone said the problem probably come from the motherboard.

I know this computer isn't design for Windows 7 but i did the same with XP so...

Any idea ?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Dec 2010   #2
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 3TnT View Post
Hi,

I got a notebook Acer Prestige 5630 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

The problem is that my computer is freezing often. The problem don't come from Win 7 because he was doing the same freezing with XP...

I did all the update possible for Windows and for the driver... I tought the batterie was the problem so i bought a new one but it didn't change nothing...

The computer freeze often when he's cold. The first 2-3 boot freeze... After, i pretty good...

Someone said the problem probably come from the motherboard.

I know this computer isn't design for Windows 7 but i did the same with XP so...

Any idea ?
Hello and Welcome !

Run a Hardware Diagnostic (Memory and Hard Drive) follow this link for instructions Hardware Diagnostic !! « Captain Debugger post us the result it more likely an Hardware since it happened in XP as well.

Hope this helps,
Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Dec 2010   #3
3TnT

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 3TnT View Post
Hi,

I got a notebook Acer Prestige 5630 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

The problem is that my computer is freezing often. The problem don't come from Win 7 because he was doing the same freezing with XP...

I did all the update possible for Windows and for the driver... I tought the batterie was the problem so i bought a new one but it didn't change nothing...

The computer freeze often when he's cold. The first 2-3 boot freeze... After, i pretty good...

Someone said the problem probably come from the motherboard.

I know this computer isn't design for Windows 7 but i did the same with XP so...

Any idea ?
Hello and Welcome !

Run a Hardware Diagnostic (Memory and Hard Drive) follow this link for instructions Hardware Diagnostic !! « Captain Debugger post us the result it more likely an Hardware since it happened in XP as well.

Hope this helps,
Captain
I forgot to say that i test a lot of stress software and there nothing wrong with them... Memtool, Winstress, AIDA64...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Dec 2010   #4
3TnT

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Anyone ?

He really freeze when he's cold... When he is hot after few minutes, he's ok !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2010   #5
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 3TnT View Post
Anyone ?

He really freeze when he's cold... When he is hot after few minutes, he's ok !
Sounds like a hardware issue. I have seen in some other electronic devices the same behavior like we run the device for a few mins it starts to work. I used to happen due to bad condenser on the circuit board. How old is your motherboard ?

- Captain
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2010   #6
3TnT

Windows 7 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by 3TnT View Post
Anyone ?

He really freeze when he's cold... When he is hot after few minutes, he's ok !
Sounds like a hardware issue. I have seen in some other electronic devices the same behavior like we run the device for a few mins it starts to work. I used to happen due to bad condenser on the circuit board. How old is your motherboard ?

- Captain
Around 3 years
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Acer Prestige 5630 freeze




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Acer - Display - ACER S271HL update on Compaq Presario CQ56 64-Bit
Hi all, I have a Compaq Presario CQ56 64-Bit (Windows 7 Home Premium) laptop that I bought before the summer, today a Windows Update has given me an Acer display update published on the 28/12/2011. I thought because I had my vga cable plugged into the TV Windows Update may have become confused but...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows 7 x64 freeze problem Acer Aspire 5738G
Hello everyone i'm having a problem with a Acer Aspire 5378G. It freezes random so if your doing something like chatting, if it freezes the screen it just hangs I can't move my mouse pointer even shift lock, num lock doesn't work anymore on the keyboard when it freezes so it's completly...
BSOD Help and Support
I have an Acer Aspire 5630 and am trying to enable vt in bios.
Hi there. I am not sure exactly if this is the correct place to put this question,as I have not posted in a forum before.. My problemis this.... I am trying to set up a virtual machine on my Acer Aspire 5630. I get a message saying that I need to enable vt. I have searched a bit and found that...
Virtualization
Need to find a motherboard for an Acer Aspire 5630-6544
Hi, I need to find a motherboard for an Acer Aspire 5630-6544. I got a Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5200 (1.60 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 2MB L2 cache) in it. The motherboard number is : MBAXY02005702017921601 The laptop number is LX.AY30X.055 I can't find motherboard that fit all these specs......
Hardware & Devices
Acer Aspire 5630 - SD CardReader won't install properly
OK, so I've been at this for about 5 hours now, and I really am all out of options. Well, in terms of searching for solutions myself, so now I have to start a thread of my own in hopes that someone will be able to help me with my specific problem. So here we go. _______ My Computer Model:...
Drivers
Acer Aspire 5630 4gb ram 3gb usable??
Hi i've just installed windows 7 professinal 64bit onto my acer aspire 5633 laptop and for some reason in system it showing 4gb of ram but only 3gb usable. I had windows vista 32bit before this and after installing service pack 1 it showed 4gb of ram and all was fine. so now im wondering why...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:52.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App