Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Some random BSOD...


10 Dec 2010   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 
Some random BSOD...

Hi guys.

I just got a VERY random BSOD. The other ones I got before were initialised by myself, so no blame here. But this one... it couldn't get the drive initiated to dump the minidump...

So here's what happened. I was playing some music with foobar2000 and the PC was sitting idle. I was playing my Nintendo DS at my PC desk while listening to music. Quite boring, eh. Then, I decided to check the net for something. I pop Firefox out and switch tab and the sytem hanged and BSODed after a moment.

Since, it wasn't dumping, I resetted. Upon rebooting, I got an error saying that an important part of booting was absent. Pressed Esc and checked the BIOS. My SSD was gone! I pressed the power button and became quite nervous. I grabbed my Windows 7 DVD then re-power on my PC. Checked the BIOS and the SSD came back. So, I quitted and booted normally. I ran the OCZ toolbox that I kept in case. Everything seemed normal from the SMART.

The error code was like 0x6...something forgot to write it down.

Do you guys have an idea what happened?

Thanks in advance

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Dec 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1
 
 

Make sure your system is configured to generate minidump files.
Set MiniDump
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2010   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by wish View Post
Make sure your system is configured to generate minidump files.
Set MiniDump
You know what? The two BSOD I experienced from my mistake, they did generated minidumps but not the one I had today...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


10 Dec 2010   #4

Windows 7 x64, Windows XP SP3, Fedora
 
 

Hi,

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Hopefully they can still tell us something.

Attach the .zip file to your next post in this thread.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2010   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Hmm... OK, sure... the file is attached.

- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Yes... first Windows that my SSD sees.
- an OEM or full retail version? Full retail.
- What is the age of system (hardware)? End of October 2010.
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) See age of hardware.

P.S If there's a mnidump, it's not the BSOD that happened last night... that's something else.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2010   #6
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lebon14 View Post
Hmm... OK, sure... the file is attached.

- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Yes... first Windows that my SSD sees.
- an OEM or full retail version? Full retail.
- What is the age of system (hardware)? End of October 2010.
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) See age of hardware.

P.S If there's a mnidump, it's not the BSOD that happened last night... that's something else.
HI Lebon14

This Crash was caused by your "ntune" nvidia (nvoclk64.sys) driver.

You should remove all the traces of this driver and re-install the newest version from their site.

Your current driver is dated
9/5/2007 1:26:33 PM and is in need of updating.


While you are updating you might as well do these as well

Code:
SSPORT.sys    8/12/2005 10:07:32 AM        fffff880`07d9a000    fffff880`07da2000    0x00008000    0x42fbda34                        
regi.sys    4/17/2007 2:19:10 AM        fffff880`07d5a000    fffff880`07d62000    0x00008000    0x462393ee                        
nvoclk64.sys    9/5/2007 1:26:33 PM    nvoclk64.sys+1ab7    fffff880`09383000    fffff880`09391000    0x0000e000    0x46de13d9                        
WinRing0x64.sys    7/27/2008 12:29:37 AM        fffff880`0937c000    fffff880`09383000    0x00007000    0x488b26c1
How To Find Drivers:
Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads


Let us know if you need assistance with this

JMH
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2010   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

nTune heh? I thought I removed everything from that thing!

SSPORT.sys : My printer, heh. Well, I DID download the latest one from the website last time...
regi.sys : InterVideo?!? WTH. I removed that!
Nvoclk64.sys : that thing might go along with nTune... so it's supposed to be removed... but oh wait! nTune is crap and didn't come with an uninstaller!
WinRing0x64.sys : Don't know what's supposed to be...

EDIT

Wait, you got the wrong BSOD. I said that the BSOD related to the minidump in there was another BSOD I got earlier this week while trying to see my GPU Usage. I installed nTune and upon starting, it gave me a BSOD. The BSOD I got last night... there's no record of it BECAUSE it couldn't access the SSD, since it SOMEHOW disappeared while the OS was running. Since the BSOD couldn't find the SSD to write the dump to... nothing was saved. that's why simple BSOD instruction won't work for that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2010   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Just a drive by, but when I was checking this out I was confused as well.

As far as I can see thats the only DMP you uploaded. I too thought you were referring to the one uploaded not the one not uploaded which you wanted a cause for.

Guess we will just have to wait for the next one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Dec 2010   #9
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lebon14 View Post
nTune heh? I thought I removed everything from that thing!

SSPORT.sys : My printer, heh. Well, I DID download the latest one from the website last time...
regi.sys : InterVideo?!? WTH. I removed that!
Nvoclk64.sys : that thing might go along with nTune... so it's supposed to be removed... but oh wait! nTune is crap and didn't come with an uninstaller!
WinRing0x64.sys : Don't know what's supposed to be...

EDIT

Wait, you got the wrong BSOD. I said that the BSOD related to the minidump in there was another BSOD I got earlier this week while trying to see my GPU Usage. I installed nTune and upon starting, it gave me a BSOD. The BSOD I got last night... there's no record of it BECAUSE it couldn't access the SSD, since it SOMEHOW disappeared while the OS was running. Since the BSOD couldn't find the SSD to write the dump to... nothing was saved. that's why simple BSOD instruction won't work for that.
You post a DMP - we do the analysis!

JMH
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Dec 2010   #10

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

^ But you asked me to do that, so I did it. But I did already say that during the BSOD, it was stuck at "Initiating drive..." If he couldn't initiate the SSD to write on the minidump and the error reports, did you think i had an exact minidump for that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Some random BSOD...




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Some random BSOD...
Thread Forum
BSOD doing random things (Google Chrome, minecraft, random times) BSOD Help and Support
Solved Random freeze, random BSOD, no signal to screen BSOD Help and Support
BSOD at random times doing random things BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD during Random times, error 0x8000000000000002 BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD errors happening at random times BSOD Help and Support
Random BSOD's with random error messages after a new setup BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33