|23 Dec 2010||#1|
please if it's not to much trouble give me an indepth guide on how to fix them. im really sick of them now. if its out dated drivers please tell me what i have to do.
And if deleting the driver would fix the problem. Thanks in advance! hopefully you can help
|My System Specs|
|23 Dec 2010||#2|
Well There are several old drivers
MarvinBus64.sys 9/23/2005 16:17:03 0x433470cf fffff880`03b9b000 fffff880`03bdf000 0x00044000 PCASp50a64.sys 11/28/2006 21:45:19 0x456cf43f fffff880`05ba7000 fffff880`05bb3000 0x0000c000 jswpslwfx.sys 5/15/2008 5:28:50 0x482c1062 fffff880`039f1000 fffff880`039fe000 0x0000d000 packet.sys 6/18/2008 16:48:52 0x485982c4 fffff880`05644000 fffff880`05651000 0x0000d000 spldr.sys 5/11/2009 11:56:27 0x4a0858bb fffff880`0165f000 fffff880`01667000 0x00008000 amdxata.sys 5/19/2009 12:56:59 0x4a12f2eb fffff880`00c33000 fffff880`00c3e000 0x0000b000 RTKVHD64.sys 6/2/2009 5:15:09 0x4a24fbad fffff880`0542f000 fffff880`055dcc00 0x001adc00 PxHlpa64.sys 6/23/2009 18:16:35 0x4a416253 fffff880`0114d000 fffff880`01158e00 0x0000be00
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads
I would also run driver verifier as the specific driver is as yet un-named.
Beyond that, please run Verifier with these settings:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.
So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).
Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like. From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.
Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
If that doesn't work, post back and we'll have to see about fixing the registry entry off-line:
Delete these registry keys (works in XP, Vista, Win7): HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDrivers HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDriverLevel
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users
|My System Specs|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50.